Class Tuning in Progress -- April 19

there’s no change they could possibly make to any aspect of this game that wouldn’t make somebody completely filled with rage

1 Like

Why didn’t the [Frozen Orb] cdr change receive the same treatment?

Straight facts no more aoe reducers No more caps I’m sick of it … when are they gonna learn

Great, looking forward to seeing some feral buffs in this tuning pass…

1 Like

For real with this nerf Marksmanship is the best spec for ST and aoe

1 Like

These two classes are doing roughly triple the aoe of everyone else.

I mean it’s a start but there needs to be WAY more changes.

Feral druids? Balance druids? Prot warriors? Guardian druids? Resto druids(damage wise)?

Could all use some sort of massive buff.

1 Like

how about buffing the other specs instead of always nerfing stuff because blizzard can’t let fun be detected in anything without trashing it

1 Like

RIP warlock and hunters, survival never had a chance to thrive.

1 Like

This tune is a good start but it is not gonna really affect the majority of the players. What really needs to be tuned for destruction warlock is put a limit on the number of inferno they can have in a fight or soft cap their aoe like rain of fire’s damage and inferno’s damage beyond 5 targets.

Some fair questions that I feel is worthy of an official response:

It’s fair to say that PERFECT balance is impossible with this many specs; and certainly the myriad situations those specs play within.

1> So what is the goal? 5%? 10%? 13.44% (a valid answer, even if Blizzard seems unable to recognize the entire real number line).

2> Is the collection of player data somehow deemed… inaccurate? What is wrong with our collection methods? Why is it when we can CLEARLY SHOW there is upwards of 30% disparities, those facts are completely ignored??

With both of those points in mind, I contend any rational player would agree 5% is a laudable goal; and the 30% deviations we so often see are worthy OF A HOTFIX.

And yet neither seems to be an undertaking by Blizzard. Why?

2 Likes

Guardian Druid: nerf it asap, cap it to 5, nerf it again for 35%, ignore the fact that it’s a compounding nerf that dominos with making covenant and legendary choices weaker as well.

Destro and Surv: lets sit around for two three weeks, lets cap at 8, lets still make sure their niche is “everything”

Underperforming AoE specs: lawlgetwreck’t

The inconsistency is starting to be painful

2 Likes

…Cluster is your single-target legendary now.

This nerf does nothing. Spec is still good and got nothing more than a slap on the wrist because, frankly, Blizzard literally cannot tune this spec without murdering it in raid where it frankly isn’t broken in the slightest.

1 Like

Well then, guess I don’t need to feel shackled to playing survival.

This nerf is basically only going to hurt mdi giga pulls.

Both specs are still godly.

Lemme try to simplify this for you.

Surv and destro’s dominance comes from being aoe niche focused specs with very strong set bonuses and legos to fuel it.

Guardian is a tank spec that shouldn’t be soloing entire rooms every 3mins.

You haven’t been shackled to play survival. There are MM hunters in the top 10 for IO. MM hunters are higher than Survival on 6 of the 11 raid bosses, according to Mythic stats on Warcraft Logs. There are also 3k+ io BM hunters, and great BM hunters in raid.

This isn’t a change that substantially changes what spec you play; this only changes the routes people take, and reducing the size of pulls. You can brute force 20s with a BM or MM hunter, without anything special. You can get CE with BM and MM hunters. All of the content you can do in this game allow for you to play BM, MM, or Survival.

RIP my sv hunter. Never got to try out 2 or 4 set.

Anyone bringing BM to keys that matter is straight-up trolling at this point.

2 Likes

Feral’s not getting hotfixed changes because there’s a major rework coming right?

Right?

Hello?

:crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Seems like half the people in this thread don’t even realize that this won’t really affect them in anyway and just see the sky as falling at the slightest change.

1 Like

I was magnificent…but anyone who’s played this game long enough KNEW it wouldn’t last.

#ripyearofthespear