Class Tuning and PvP Adjustments Coming in 9.2.5

Holy has been worse than disc in all aspects of the game for basically the entire games life except this patch.

So nobody feels bad for disc.

1 Like

I think that’s kinda the point that despite all the simplification FF14 has it’s still not that tightly balanced.

Because, specs and classes are different and will come with inherent differences.

Once destro gets nerfed (which I’m fine with) a new spec will be the one complained about. And it’ll go on and on forever.

Destro wasn’t even getting played in raids early in the tier which is funny. It was all demo.

Not wrong. Was literally discussing it with my threes healer last night who plays priest.

Preferred doesn’t mean the second isn’t viable.

Actually what the top guilds are doing matter more as they lie players are better at the game.

I haven’t been able to enjoy disc for quite some time. The spec is heavily criticized for being bad in mythic+. Simple changes they could make to increase its performance in that area of the game but it doesn’t seem to be a concern for blizzard so long as disc is good in RBG’s and niche fights in raids

1 Like

I can agree that every class should have at least 1 viable spec. The issue comes with for example hunters.

Mplus is more aoe focused which hurts Bm as BM is a st focused spec. It’s one of two reasons BM is struggling in mythic (a sub par tier set bonus being the other reason) raiding.

I’m not sure we can make that assumption. The data infrastructure, and even the tools might exist, but I don’t think they have the internal memory to use them and they’re just going by things like this:

The problem might be WCL doesn’t have a good analog for m+ performance.

What does that even mean? You don’t see how much greater the M+ performance spread is with WCL points.

my brother in azeroth.
there’s no way they’re just not aware that this type of bullshlt difference in power is going on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29/#aggregate=amount&dataset=99 overall… huge gap ahead of everyone else including the other warlock spec as if it’s fine.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29/#aggregate=amount&dataset=99&boss=2549 then there’s this. no one can say this is fine.

1 Like

Totally with you on looking at the 99th percentile as a gauge for relative spec performance, but I think mythic raids might be throwing things off some. There are some boss fights where there are less than 50 parses for a spec.

For heroic we have:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29#metric=dps&class=DPS&difficulty=4&aggregate=amount&dataset=99

The spread there is the bottom spec doing 82% of the top spec.

`https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/m-dps-balance-per-spec-92/1237697

Which is looking at the 99th percentile ( from 3 weeks ago ) of 15’s in M+ and there we’re looking at the bottom specs doing 56% of the top spec.

The other thing about raid vs. M+, is if you look at individual bosses you’ll see a lot of turnover and change between which spec do good at a boss. But looking at individual dungeons in m+ and there is vary little variation. Pretty much the same specs at the top with it just being a matter of degree with how much better they do than other specs.

1 Like

Maybe don’t speak on disc performance if you haven’t played it. It struggles quite a bit in many areas.

1 Like

Mainly because raids cover different damage profiles and mythic+ really only has 1 damage profile which is burst aoe.

Some of important/less important damage profiles to killing a boss also aren’t always reflected in the logs.

For example:

Single target Execute damage is very important on fights where there is a powerful end phase.

Aoe damage can get inflated if the adds are largely harmless and just get aoed down.

1 Like

There might be some room for debate on how much of this is spec and how much is skill and experience in holding your burst for the right moment.

1 Like

You can’t use an overall of all mythic bosses because bosses affect each spec differently

I’m going to trust a gladiator priest over a low level forum alt.

heroic and normal parses can be very skewed is the issue because the fights are shorter fight lengths, more forgiving, easier mechanics, most of the raid doesn’t actually need to do anything but dps so it’s a lot more forgiving in terms of overall performance where there is no individual responsibility placed on every member of the raid which is both a good and bad thing but not the topic here.

m+ can be a very large can of worms to actually evaluate the logs compared to raiding as with a raid encounter you have very clear cut timings for cooldown usage whereas with m+ that’s thrown out the window.
you have many players who will overkill and cooldown on packs of adds they don’t need to, overlap cooldowns with another dps then the next pull they don’t have anything and it takes a lot longer or go into a boss without anything for it.
you have groups who will pull more than others and by proxy increase their overall data bcus it’s able to be facilitated knowing they have the dps to pull that much or pull less with certain specs, and depends on the affixes.

m+ affixes can dramatically change performance as with just this week… someone has to kill explosives while the others just dps, bolstering so you kill evenly instead of just nuking down things with full potential damage.

1 Like

Havoc needs ATTENTION:

Havoc this tier is performing quite well in raid, most notably due to Sinful Brand’s Single Target damage. To maintain this brand we spam two buttons for 8+ minutes - Demons bite to generate fury, and Annihilate for Eyebeam CD reduction. Outside of those two abilities we press immolation aura every 30 seconds, and FR after immo. the entire premise of this build is to reset eyebeam so we can maintain sinful brand. if we play anything else it’s a significant gimp to our raid, and nobody wants to be that person in a raid environment, or keys. This rotation is incredibly bland.

Havoc suffers from having zero burst in AoE situations. almost all of our abilities are AoE in some fashion, how are we tuned so poorly to perform well in the niche we were designed for? Sinful brand A COVENANT ABILITY doing 30% of our damage in Single target and AoE. Nothing havoc does on it’s own actually does damage, and this should be a surefire sign to you that this spec needs attention.

Glaive Tempest: Must be talented and is unsynergistic with current gameplay (doesn’t see play unless you play NF)

Blade Dance/Deathsweep: So poorly tuned that even with a conduit it hits like a wet noodle without First Blood. We currently DO NOT play First Blood BTW.

Havocs 4pc tier bonus is a laughable joke. 30 seconds off of the worst dps cooldown in the game on a 4 minute cooldown is just a slap in the face.

the 2 piece only interacts with one ability because seriously nobody is casting blade dance as it hits like a pool noodle.

You give WW an ST buff, which inherently also effects their AoE and they are already MORE THAN FINE in that department. You say you want to shore up AoE and do so for a marginal 4% with BM hunters (at least they are getting love) and you leave havoc doing tank damage in AoE still.

Outside of meta we are literally doing tank damage, even in meta sinful brand has zero time to tick in M+ due to the fact that surv and destro/WW just delete packs even in 25+ keys.

Fix havoc, tune it properly, venthyr is garbage and degenerate gameplay and nobody likes it. We have been asking for fix’s with no reply, it’s like talking to a brick wall. This is pure incompetency at this point, or extreme negligence.

11 Likes

https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/45#boss=1065&dataset=95

hello?

I’d like to know this priest who says disc is fine. Are they actually playing disc right now

yes you can… it’s literally their overall performance for the raid which MOST guilds and players don’t just swap classes/specs per fight.

With the buffs disc are getting they said it would be better. The only issue pvp wise is they run out of mana too quickly.

She posts on this forum.

Ok, so disc isn’t fine. Thanks