Class tree quite undesirable for DPS shamans

can they stop nerfing the shaman trees? feels like each new update is a 50% nerf to the efficacy of something in the talent tree.

4 Likes

Try not to fixate on specific numbers this early in the process. They’re clearly still iterating on damage profiles, not doing balancing.

2 Likes

i get what you are saying but its incorrect.

if we dont voice now, it will just be nerfed and nerfed and nerfed and nerfed and nerfed and nerfed because thats all blizzard can ever do w/ elemental shamans. just constant nerfs. we need them to stop doing that

3 Likes

Actually, it isn’t incorrect. Shocking you once again have a bad take…

3 Likes

It is. You are clueless as ever and stalking my posts as ever. Find a better hobby than getting me to publicly shame you

1. you’re daft.
  2. no one is stalking you, the forums aren’t that big buttercup.
3 Likes

Were we nerfed again today? I didn’t see

yeah h/o ill try and find it.

Earthquake damage reduced by 40%.

Rolling Magma’s Lava Burst and Lava Burst Overload damage now reduces the cooldown of Primordial Wave by 0.2 seconds/0.5 seconds (was from 0.5 seconds/1 second).

i didnt even see the EQ nerf, thats huge and unfortunate, i was talking about the rolling magma.

Ah yeah the earthquake nerf is pretty insane, I hope they adjust that before launch.

Rolling magma I’m ok with, it was going to be too good. Even at 0.5 seconds the cooldown of prim wave will still be super low, especially with how many lava burst we’re going to be gunning with the build. I’d imagine we can still get it to 20-25 seconds.

Windfury doesn’t have a cooldown.

I’m actually frustrated that there’s throughput in the capstones for resto. I’m pretty much forced to take Ancestral Guidance as resto, which takes a lot of fun out of the rest of the tree.

good one. How is it the class tree only supports healer role so heavily??

Man how is it you so thoroughly ignore all the points made in this thread and almost all other discussion of the tree?

Having. Throughput. In. The. Class. Tree. Removes. Choice. And. Flexibility.

All rshams are now forced down the left side with no other options, how do you think that is good?

1 Like

I would have thought AG is a bigger deal for DPS than resto.

I was planning to take it as enhance and you can still have alot of points/options left after that and the things you need to take to get to AG are all pretty good.

My gripe continues to be how buried under random junk spirit walk/gust is.

Shouldn’t be that hard for enhance to get our base sprint/root break. Like w/o that we don’t even get a benefit from the new evoker spell that gives everyone a use of their spec’s movement ability.

Like add a line from flurry down to brimming down to spirit walk or something or at least make winds of al’akir an optional side node. Or swap spirit wolf with spirit walk so the ghost wolf stuff goes together.

Don’t forget storm ele stack nerf and reset nerf. Cuz i won’t forget :rage: :cloud_with_rain:

1 Like

choices are ILLUSIONS. You dont really have a choice. If the raid needs poison dispel, you gonna spec poison dispel totem no matter how deep it is.
If no poison, it’s also not a choice, it’s just a talent that’s there which nobody picks.

The class tree & choices should be about INTERACTIONS. The Ele line should interact with the Ele talents, and the Enh line should interact with Enh talents with DPS OPTIONS.

Right now, the class tree has Minimal interaction with dps spec talents… It’s horrid.

Or something that has to constantly be juggled in and out of the lineup depending on whether it does anything. Stuff like this shouldn’t be in the tree at all.

The tree should just have things that are generally useful, even if less than ideal across all scenarios - so you don’t have to choose between constantly juggling loadouts and having completely dead talents.

If shaman have enough utility as is, then replace them with stat nodes. But one way or another, this type of stuff should be baseline rather than in the tree.

WoW players - we want a bunch of talents so we can choose to spec how we want.

Also WoW players - we want every talent to be meaningful and useful at all times, completely removing choice.

3 Likes

Horrible take. Shamans have hands down one of the best class trees. What you’re suggesting is to trash that to make it like the Paladin class tree, which is actually horrid.

If you want DPS throughput talents in the class tree then reroll to a pure DPS spec. The Shaman class tree is honestly the gold standard for how hybrid class trees should be designed.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s what anyone is saying.