Class rework inc!

Its not frost DK. Its ret pally. Blizzard priority.

10 Likes

Ret is in a worse spot, half their tree is dedicated to consecration. Frost is actually a decent tree…

4 Likes

Frost feels awful to play and both specs require perfect scenarios. It definitely should be the next spec that gets reworked. 2H feels incredibly clunky as well.

2 Likes

Tweaks would be nice, but we def don’t need a literal overhaul. Ret’s tree needs to be overhauled and half the side of it redone.

I disagree that 2h frost doesn’t need a rework.

Thats a problem with 2h then not fitting the spec. Ret however is a mess of a spec.

It fits the spec, it doesn’t fit the game how its designed.

You mean breath. And the meme 2 handed obliteratoon build? We have 3 talents for remoseless winter.

If it fit the spec it wouldnt be clunky as you say.

Why give me hope like that? :frowning:

Go find a Mythic above 10 that will accept a Frost DK

All of these classes like Ret that get tuned, nerfed, reworked and Frost has been a stagnant piece of garbage since release

1 Like

Or an Arena group that will let you in as Frost that does not have a Devoker.

I hope they shuffle some of unholy dk talents, some of them are horribly placed. Like Epidemic and Unholy Blight, not being able to pick epidemic because unholy blight is blocking it for aoe scenarios without giving up on massive ST is so bad.

There are plenty of Frost DKs being taken above a 10. I guess saying above a 20 doesnt really have the same weight. Might as well said no one takes frost over an M0.

definitely not a full overhaul. what we need is our optional rotational skill talents to work with our passive talents.

1 Like

Most top end ret players have said their tree is not that bad. Sure could be improved but they have options for high keys. Frost DK doesn’t and breath is terrible in high keys. Too volatile. They need to rework frost change breath and let the other options shine.

1 Like

Thing is frost suffers from a lot of things that ret does. Outside of cds the damage falls way off, and even inside we are not as bursty as ret. Hopefully we get a good tuning.

As for mythic plus, frost just lacks utility, and its cds are just not low enough or strong enough. Even to maximize the dk damage dungeons would have to be pulled around thier cds which just isn’t always feasible. Unholy is just n a better spot. I really forsee fdk and the class talent tree will most likely see changes in the near future.

1 Like

Except before launch they were saying it needs a complete rework because the design was so bad. The design decisions for Paladin were mind boggling. Avengers Shield not building Holy Power… why? Exorcism not interacting with the spec in any meaningful way, awkward to use, but a DPS increase if used properly. Thats like Obliterate no longer building RP levels of bad design.

Frost is also doing high keys.

To me this is one of the most egregious things. 3 talent points in total on remorseless winter just to make it worth pressing. That ability is shoved down our throat almost as much as blizzards favourite child breath is.

If 3 talent points going toward 1 ability to make it worth pressing then the same could be said about Obliterate.

Obliterate has

1. Killing Machine (realistically only used with Obliterate)
  2. Improved Obliterate
  3. Frostreaper (probably the biggest issue)
  4. Frigid Executioner (Obliterate damage increase and chance at a cost refund)
  5. Murderous Efficiency (through KM)

Thats without including Obliteration which is realistically to force KM procs for Obliterate and also not including Might of the Frozen Wastes. That would be 7 talents going towards just Obliterate as its focus.

Howling Blast

1. Rime
  2. Improved Rime
  3. Icebreaker
    4 Avalanche

Frost Strike

1. Improved Frost Strike
  2. Shattering Blade
  3. Cold-Blooded Rage

Again these are things that increase the value of abilities and not just talents that increase the value of multiple abilities which is why I didnt really include Icecap, Obliteration, Bonegrinder, Enduring Strength, Frostwhelp’s Aid.

Technically you could also add Inexorable Assault into the Obliterate tree since it increases the value of Obliterate as well. Thats more egregious than any other ability in Frost right now.