Class Representation and Balance - World of Paladins

Nice personal attack. You still can’t come up with an argument?

So you gave up trying to argue, and now it’s that everyone else doesn’t have an argument.

Bold move. Not sure it worked though.

my argument is that blizzard needs guiding principles for wotlk classic.

they stated #somechanges but that leaves lots of room for interpretation. now that they are balancing once class, they should balance other classes. that’s all.

2 Likes

And I agree. Balance everything. Not just Paladins, but everything.

That might even mean Warlocks

2 Likes

as someone who has all 10 of 10 classes, i agree.

So did you read the entire post or did you just read the thread name and then start looking for arguments on the wow forums?

Who in their right mind comes to the wow forums to argue :joy: I just come here to provide useful feedback and clown on paladin haters.

2 Likes

that’s sad that you don’t think discourse is important.

i’m not sure what you’re trying to communicate with the first half of the post.

I don’t have to come up for an argument why ret deserved a buff. This dev has clearly laid out the reasoning why ret is receiving a buff.

By no means its meaningful discourse unimportant, but there is no meaningful discourse to be had with someone like you. I don’t just post on these forums to read the opinions of paladin haters as that would take up my entire day at this point.

this is kind of where you are wrong. its not that they can’t change either spec its that they won’t. if you want to kick the benchtribution thats fine. but i think its kind of disappointing to do so. they want to be contributing to the kills too.

1 Like

You’re right. I’m going to start DPsing in raids as Prot.

That’s such a brilliant idea. How didn’t I think of this sooner???

we all smooth brain every once in awhile you just did extra hard. no shame in it.

Why not, that’s what some Rets are telling warriors to do? … literally as we can’t Tank raid bosses so well in Prot but we do great Tank damage damage ;p

Nice to have a niche eh.

Back to topic - If Bliz are looking at Balance they need to do it properly - consistently. That means a proper Ret buff but also nerfs and buffs for other specs too - done by the numbers, not just the squeaky wheel.

mate a 1 off usage ability for pallies overall, does not make up for a 30% dps disparity i’m sorry! Ret was not weak at all at any stage of Wrath!

1 Like

I guess this entire time I’ve spoken to you on the forums I assumed you knew how to play this game because you project yourself as someone who does, but you’re a top parsing blue UH DK who parses green on almost everything with 0 HMs killed.

Holy sh*t I can’t stop laughing :joy:

My argument is more about the state of the game overall, Ret was never like this mate. I’ve made other posts, i’ll discuss this link again, if you type this into google search “engadget icc analysis by spec”, you’ll see a link to ICC 25 man average and top dps at the time from World of Logs, the Warcraft Logs of the time. Ret was B+ - A Tier dps always throughout the entire expansion.

They can literally do whatever they want and you’re going to keep playing this game. They don’t need to do anything.

They can - sure. I wonder if that argument worked for you when it came to Ret? Before they buffed you? A pretty average buff btw.

The question isn’t can they, it is should they. But yeah they can do whatever. It’s their game.

You’ll come to find out in life that you’re more likely to get that you want if you don’t try to make your conversation into an argument and you stay objective and to the point while being respectful.

There is this saying - You attract more bees with honey than vinegar.

I’m clearly still subbed so uh… Yeah I was going to keep playing ret paladin even if they didn’t get any buffs between now and when I get to shadowmourne cancel macro.

I agree and I think I have been objective and respectful. You made the point that Blizzard can do as they will and don’t have to be obliged to do balance properly and I asked you to look at that same argument if it were delivered to you - if you were on the rough end of who Blizzard capriciously decide to listen to. Fair courteous and objective comparison.

Put yourself in my shoes with the argument you made. You’re happy for Blizzard to do whatever they want to my detriment but it sounds like your not happy for them to do so to your detriment.

I’m asking for fair treatment. But sure Blizzard aren’t obliged to be fair, “they don’t ‘need’ to do anything” - I take your point.

This is not meant to come off as a personal attack by the way…I’m simply stating that it cuts both ways. Fairness demands that Blizzard approach ‘balance’ in a comprehensive way and not by popular vote or whim. That is, if they want to be fair.

2 Likes

ahh the parse shaming game. best way to advance a conversation. but i mean i guess thats all anyone ever has when they don’t have anything worth adding to the conversation.