"Class fantasy" is super important, and why people loved Legion

Death Knights were tasked with resurrecting the Four Horsemen by the lich king during legion, that’s pretty meaningful. Warriors were tasked with reclaiming ulduar from the Champion of Hodir. Paladins…paladins if I recall ended up going to the source of where the asteroid that the burning legion came from, and you were tasked to liberate the captives they had on it. You also had to help the priest order hall temple as it was being raided by the burning legion.

You may not remember this but I do. There was a lot that happened in legion besides getting only the artifact weapons, each order hall had a significant story telling campaign.

1 Like

Ahem. :point_down:

What do you do that is functionally different?

Wut.

This is the functionality i’m talking about. :point_down:

Things you do for a daily basis.

What you guys were trying to use as a difference is “Oh there’s quests that has different flavors of lore!!”… Is that it?

“I want an omelette without eggs” vibes.

Fantasy is largely lore and aesthetics. There are some gameplay elements but they are going to play second fiddle to vibes.

Oh yeah nothing was really functionally different. But that doesn’t mean they were bad. Functionally there’s no difference than what you have right now either.

We need to go back to class quests like vanilla. Really enjoyed pally and lock class quests.

1 Like

Arent those the only classes with class quests at the time?

Yes it made them unique. Everyone doesn’t have to have the same thing.

1 Like

Vegan recipes exist mate.

https://www.theedgyveg.com/2019/07/22/how-to-make-a-vegan-omelet/

And that’s the problem i have with Legion. It puts the appearance of difference, but never really is different in the places where it matters.

I was hopeing that rogue order halls allows you to do more rogue things, that has scenarios you can que for anytime in place of missions where it’s stealth based. Or SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM WOD. Or if you’re going for the minor details, have pickpocketing be way more useful then just a complex way of getting gold. Maybe have temperaily buff poisons that are charged based and act different from the poisons we do have. Actually WHY NOT DO THAT FOR THE POISONS INSTEAD OF JUST MAKING THEM BUFFS?

The only thing i remember from the rogue order hall is… Vannessa living Somehow. And that’s it.

Oh and the one dumb video i’ve made in 2016 where i got an animation glitch.

It does matter. Ultimately all dps have CDs, all DPS have kicks, all DPS have defensive etc.

However the underlying flavor does matter. Unless you’re a robot who only eats food for calories, people care about flavor.

So you mean like what we got in Shadowlands with the buffs you get from your covenant? And the talent trees and all that.

Aesthetics/Lore don’t matter when you’re looking at the functionality where it matters more.

How’s wanting something actually different when being promised something actually different (since that’s what CLASS FANTASY Is all about) makes me robot?

I’ve played like a good chunk of classes in Legion, and i can either fill your ear with fluff of how things are different because a different character, did something different from another character, and how my weapon stick is painted differently… Or i can be completely honest.

I was more or less thinking of Skyrim’s poisons at max level (With mods of coarse.) Where you have like 5 or so hits before the poison runs out. For WoW, it could be 100, and could be replied as along you keep buying Poison.

Something that WoW did use to have, but now it’s gone.

Oh you mean the buffs that lvl 10 priests would go and dispell from people in BRD?

In all honesty dude I think you’re asking too much from an order all than what it was intended to be

I’ve just told you what i was talking about…? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

yep I very much agree.

I miss a lot of the class quests even the old school ones that were difficult or tedious.

collecting your different totems as a shaman was awesome.

I still remember fondly drowning as I tried to get the amulet for my sea lion transmutation as a druid

1 Like

That would be understandable if they didn’t make vanilla…

I mean, back when i played Woltk, i had to do one of the rogue quests and it told me to stealth by to make it easier since… things hit like a f1 ford truck. (Not a full rig)

As a fun little side note warriors had an a pvp arena in our halls. As far as functionality goes I don’t think other halls had one. Kind of a neat little gimmick or whatver. And yes players went in there and challenged one another.

1 Like

Now this is something i like to see. It fits the warrior theme and it gives something different then just “Quest, Mission table, followers, etc”. :slight_smile:

I just wish Legion has WAY more then that.

You’d have to do one for each class in that case, this is why I’m against having anymore classes, Evokers were introduced into the game now, and all one can think is “great, yet another hero class to worry about”. Not only are Evokers probably the most boring class to play at least imo anyhow, but now how you gonna do something unique for each class without slaving away Blizzard workers harder? You can’t, and it sucks.

It’s kind of the same thing for races, the new Allied races just don’t make any sense past legion, like Kul Tirans, I’m just laughing at the male models. Now that they’re in the game you can bet they’re gonna make more Kul Tiras lore too, and honestly Kul Tiras is boring.