Class Changes 2/25

You never noticed your boomy wrecking face in Pve, then loading into PvP and your damage is all dot pad? Lol.

It’s 6%
 Gwen, please take your lips and staple them shut.

Man I knew you were a meme, but this really takes the cake rofl.

these changes look actually good, color me surprised
just curious, do the damage buffs also affect corruption damage or is it just damage from class spells?

When they say a class has been buff/nerfed by x% it’s usually in regards their spec aura

2 Likes

Idk what PvP modifiers it has but my Starsurges usually hit for ~38k in PvP. What does conflag hit for?

My 470 ilvl equipped boomkin’s starsurges crit for less than they did when Cdew won Blizzcon.

With incarn arolling they might peak at 60k? They honestly haven’t scaled at all this entire expansion.

Starsurge has a VERY hefty penalty on it in PVP. So does Boomkin’s best damage trait, Streaking Stars.

Honestly, I hope FoF stun comes back and WW dmg gets a flat nerf. As for destro, I think soul leech should be nerfed a bit and coil should only heal for 5% of the warlock’s hp while flashpoint gets changed into a buff that increases fire spell dmg instead of a haste buff. Chaos bolt should be a 2.5 sec cast imo w/ backdraft decreasing it’s cast time to 2 sec and cb should hit a lot harder outside of cds.

Since port is going to be baseline for all lock specs next xpac, it probably won’t be a realistic change that will happen in BFA. Same for cyclone baseline. I think one of the most annoying thing about assa rn is just generating free combo pts from doing anything. Restricting that should really put them in a balanced spot. E.g. Nerf poison daggers/throwing knives to where it doesn’t generate any combo points and only has a 50% chance of applying poisons.

Read the unbuffed tooltip and go into a pvp instance and calculate the difference

Alternatively you can hit a pvp dummy but they can be wonky sometimes.

Regardless, from a random single sample this, 439 Moonkin was hitting 46k average starsurges in this Arathi I was in

Me on the other hand I was in my troll 52% haste set at 461ilvl with Triple Lava Shock in the same BG

Mind you with surge of power I constantly have 4-5 flame shocks rolling at anywhere from 40-55% haste depending on buffs, I’m constantly earth shocking at 20 stacks albeit at only 8% versa

A Moonkin Starsurged over 3x the amount of times I earth shocked ( i was probably jus alt tabbed defending flags tbh) with over 20 less Ilvls only does ~10k less damage than my empowered earth shocks.

Like it sucks cus we don’t know how much damage scaling is at work here, but the few times I play with Moonkins in 3s the numbers aren’t that different

~ In my proper 23% haste/21% versa/13, 300 - 14,050 int (depending if im running 2 int trinks or badge) my shocks low end are 40k and highest crit Ive seen with badge, ripple in space+ formless void minors (additional 1,700 int), and skyfury so far is 155k

If Moonkin geared around versa + mastery and used badge + skyfury I really wanna say it would hit just as hard if not more

Untouched King for four years plus :raised_hands:

Yeah I think my tooltipsays 39k for starsurge but I’ll have to check. 46k sounds pretty godly and I’m ilvl 457 I think.

I really don’t see how you’re averaging 38k

This 413 Moonkin im in a WSG right now

Avg 37k

Freshy boosted, and I mean the green rings you get after a 120 boost

I was kind of thinking the same. Simple answer for me, not gonna watch that crap.

2 Likes

my 435~ boomy hits surge for little over 30k. the details is scaled closer to your own ilvl. he’s surging for 20k on his own details, not 37k. really hard to compare damage when everyone has diff gear levels.

That would make sense then, well in all actuality it makes no sense

Still doesn’t explain the similarly geared moonkin I’ve played with that I see land 73k top end surges

could be void ritual proc, or any other procs. it really doesn’t make much sense though. all i know if low ilvl players still hurt me pretty badly, they just flop quick.

i will say my exact same ilvl boomy starsurges higher than my ele earth shock non crits. that’s with no lava shock traits though.

Just because I was curios. I did a BG on my 470 boomer.

My average starsurge hit was 40k, and my average starsurge crit was 58k. My max normal hit was 67k and my max crit was 72k. It’s completely scuffed that the crit and hit values are so close together BTW.

Anyway, looking at a random boss from my heroic clear this week, my average starsurge hit was 73k, with a min of 54k and a max of 62.

My crits were 115k min, 130k average, and 150k max.

So yeah, Starsurge is heavily scaled down in PVP either way.

2 Likes

it’s nerfed, but take the crits completely out of the comparison as they are nerfed 50% in pvp. average normal hits is what you have to look for. also have to remember versa lowers damage even more, though that’s only slight.

Well damn, nvm yall got it bad

Prob still won’t do as much damage as dh.

2 Likes