Class Balance is Terrible in High End M+

Wow, that’s crazy. So is Veng. the new DPS spec.

1 Like

Know in a couple weeks when there’s enough data.

1 Like

Nobody is stopping you….

I played Ret almost all of BFA when it was terrible and I was doing 18-19s (it was my alt). You really can play whatever you want.

The only way that is actually happening is if you giga pulled the first few packs and wall pulled a bunch as well as pulling big after the second boss. Even if that scenario was true and you pulled 13.5k overall…that would actually be terrible dps on your part not the spec.

Pretty much all the top logs of vengeance DH tanks have them around the 10k mark. Even when you look at quick keys with no damage carries (looking at 60k group overall)

Considering its bolstering week …none of this actually happened. If it did you would have some evidence of it. Considering how you love to bring up logs.

If we go by my definition of high end m+ I don’t think you have the rating to talk about 25s.

If we go by your definition then the class balancing below 20s are not as terrible as you claimed.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/25#metric=dps&partition=3&class=DemonHunter&bracket=15&boss=12290&spec=Vengeance

And all those runs are from before the buff Vengeance just got.

And no I didn’t log it but here’s the run.

It’s the 16 minute Mist 15 that was 3 chested. Warrior pulled just a tad less than the tank, 18.5k IIRC, and the BM hunter was pulling about the same as the healer.

Said this a couple posts later, I don’t know if this was an outlier or a new trend. Time will tell.

Do I need to be running logs to show up? (I know seems like an obvious question but I don’t log).

Assuming warcraft logs

Not necessarily, you can get captured if someone else logs the run. But if you want to grantee a run is logged you’ll need log it yourself and upload the logs to WCL.

The logs will appear different than your meters because they calculate your overall DPS with the entire time of the run while most meters don’t count time out of combat.

Looks like you have had some runs captured

`https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/arathor/dovathuil?zone=25#metric=dps

( I can edit that out if you want )

As for raider IO, you just need to make sure your privacy settings allow 3rd party API access to your armory.

You’re teetering on the fringe of balance, so I say to you: Why should anyone care? Progression on gear ends at 15, where balance matters most. Beyond that, it doesn’t matter, and no one should give a crap. You sign up for niche when you go past the balancing point, you’re on your own.

Yeah figured, ty. Your post just made me wonder since I saved a screencap of a 16 mists I did 19.6k overall on (but that’s details). I did find my m+ rank/parses for the season though, not bad.

I’m not the most competitive guy, but it’s interesting to see.

As a fellow prot warrior I completely agree that we are lacking in some areas. And I avoid de other side like the plague. By sheer willpower I managed to time a 15 once and I never tried again. That dungeon is just AIDS for prot

1 Like

I feel your pain im glad you made this post.

As a die hard prot since 07 i am severly disappointed at prot rn, i am almost hardwalled at 20s

We must change ignore pain imo. It needs to absorb way more than 11-20k dmg

1 Like

If I remember correctly when legion came out people cried about IP because it absorbed too much damage. It literally did what it said, IGNORE PAIN. Other tanks didn’t like that and it was nerfed to the point where it’s about as strong as a priests shield.

1 Like

It was amazing in 6.0 y@s and the dks cried “ignore mechanics” so salty.

There’s no tank shortage in raid. There also no tank shortage in high M+.

Then you’re skill-walled, not class-walled. My Prot had no problem hitting KSH. The biggest bottleneck was finding keys on Alliance prior to 9.2.5.

If there not gonna carry Prot Warrior on pure offensive power then Id love to see Spell Reflect buffed to be a longer but stronger cooldown.

Spell Reflect could have a much smaller hand in mitigating Dot Damage tied into the cooldown but make it stronger and longer lasting.

Spell Reflect also add a decent chunk of Avoidance on use as well…

Lot of things a developer could do. They just need a little love for staying in against pure magic damage.

Warriors magic damage mitigation obviously cant be too good just due to how they are designed against mitigating physical sustain but Prot(Prot only) should have a stronger anti-magic cooldown.

Spell reflect is on a 20 second CD. You can reflect almost everything unless your group is actual dog-water with kicks.

There are more Prot warriors who are rank 1 in Americas region than bears. They’re fine. Could do a bit more damage (as could bear), but defensively they’re fine.

Players are timing +20s on every single spec in the game.

I didn’t quote the person that said this because, for one, too many people make this same utterly stupid claim. And for that the second reason is, there’s no point in singling out one person for parroting this stupid claim.

For example, let’s plot four points: A, B, C, D.

A= 30
B= 60
C= 80
D= 95

And now I ask: Which of these points is over 20?

I’d like to think you would all answer: “All of them.” Obviously.

And yet… on a scale of 1-100 … which is better/higher?

The “All clAsseS cn ruN 20s!” argument is the equivalent of saying “All of those samples are over 20.” And the thing is, that’s not an incorrect observation. That’s why people with limited skills make this claim-- it’s not wrong.

However, it has no bearing on the fact those numbers are WILDLY distributed and not comparable AT ALL. And only a complete idiot would suggest otherwise.

2 Likes

The gap ain’t that big. You’re relying on hyperbole.

It helps illustrate the point. Don’t be pedantic.

edit: Also, I never said those number distributions were comparable to any tanks/classes. It was just an example.