Clarity please on Water Strider

If the time slot is not right, it starts at 43:10 They mention it is a gem slot type item, you have to replace said item and replacing the item destroys the old one. If you replace it, you can get a new one back from the vendor for a greatly reduced price.

lol good luck bud. this will get buried just like rp servers losing world defense and sharting in cities new content etc…

1 Like

Hm… Wonder if it I can make a weakaura that screams and flashes a warning if I’m falling and have water walking enabled so that I have some chance to dismount or r-click the buff away before spattering to my death on the solid water surface…

1 Like

I hate when that happens in our cities…too many orcs eating beans I guess.

The water-walking mount ability will let you glide over it, at least.

1 Like

mistake may or may not have been on purpose :wink:

1 Like

Then that is total BS if they take away water walking from the strider. It just is.

We earned that mount (which anyone can still earn) and they are taking something away from us.

And putting everyone else on the same playing field. yeah, we get a free water walking equipment thing, but it gets destroyed if we replace it? Total BS.

6 Likes

NONE! :rofl: Well, they said you’ll get mailed the thing to make it a water walk again but it takes up the mount equipment slot, does that count as compensation?

1 Like

45 alts here 90-120 (1@90) water walking is integral to my leveling route. Don’t assume my routes bro.

6 Likes

Which zone?

1. Nobody’s calling for the system as a whole to not be implemented. They just don’t want the water striders to lose the innate bonus they’ve had for years.
  2. Blizzard already demonstrated the ability to leave mount perks alone under the new system while exempting them from further bonuses via equipment (see: sky golem). People are simply asking for the water strider to receive equal treatment.
9 Likes

But they aren’t taking it away here… they are expanding the system and providing more choices and utility! The whole new system is a HUGE NET WIN.

If I was a dev in this case, I would be super upset that people were ripping on me while trying to give people a huge buff. It’s amazing.

If I were a developer I would look at what issues people were having and correct them. It would be extremely easy just to exempt the water striders from this system and that is the biggest complaint people have.

10 Likes

And I already said excepting the strider from the change would be fine in my mind, so long as it doesnt get the equipment buffs, ever.

2 Likes

So just pretend that the water walking item is the only one and you’re literally where you are right now, except you’ll be able to use whatever mount you want?

The way I see it, the upcoming item is all but equivalent to:

After years of jealousy of the Water-Strider, all mounts have learned how to walk on water

Which I can’t imagine being met with this amount of outrage.

Um…they are taking away the water walking ability from the water strider mount - a mount i earned.

Yes, they are adding the ability to add a water walking equipment slot to any mount, but if i choose to replace that slot, i have to BUY another water walking equipment thing.

Right now, if i want to use a water walking mount, i can do so with my strider. no need to buy anything.

So yes, they ARE taking something away from those of us who EARNED a strider mount.

Right now, we have something those w/o striders dont have.

In 8.2, we won’t have that advantage (that we earned and that others can still earn).

9 Likes

This is what we call loss aversion. People feel loss 2 times harder than gains. When people stand to gain a net benefit from a nerf in the form of a huge buff to the same thing thats being nerfed., it’s people not realizing its loss aversion kicking in and is really counter productive.

its counter productive for blizzard to take away something we earned.

it’s not the first time they’ve done it. it’s starting to get really old. eventually (and maybe this will be the one) it’ll be the last straw for me.

3 Likes

Well i have 30 alts from 1 to 120 and and at no time did i need a mount until i reached lvl 70. Does that mean all mounts should not be usable until lvl 70?

2 Likes

So your complaint is really that they’re giving you the choice between water-walking and something else, not that water-walking is being removed (because it’s not).

1 Like

:thinking: