Clarity please on Water Strider

I’d be ok with that, but it would have to be clear the strider couldn’t use any other equipment. Wouldn’t be right that it could water walk and then something on top of that. Maybe there is a technical limitation that prevents that though and it’s a all or nothing thing.

3 Likes

So if it is clear you to, tell me in your own words what will happen with my 30 plus characters who can currently use a water walking mount. Will I need one item only or will I need 30 and 29 of them I have to buy to maintain the status quo.

6 Likes

You want to go waste your time, be my guest. This has nothing to do with being lazy, and all to do with blizzard constantly changing/nerfing everything, especially things people worked hard for. Just because you have a lot of time on your hands or play 0 alts, doesn’t mean this issue doesn’t hurt anyone else.

11 Likes

This part confuses me. If we are getting the equipment mailed to us, why would they bother to reduce the price? Do we have to buy it too? These statements are confusing.

3 Likes

They have the sky golem set up like that already so it is already programmed in for exceptions.

3 Likes

I have ~20 alts, dear heart, ranging from 20-120. At no time is water-walking necessary at low levels.

Laziness.

I wouldn’t consider those dailies hard… it’s not like y’all spent years to get the mount like ashes of alar or invincible. The strider is one of the easier mounts to get in the game.

My understanding is you get one mailed to you only, but have no frame of reference to how it will work until PTR releases, IE, do you need more then one for each character, account bound, etc. Someone mentioned account bound.

Who said my alts were low levels? Most are above 111. Has nothing to do with it anyway?!
If that is how you feel, while you are at it why not campaign to remove mounts all together? Running somewhere on a mount is just laziness. In fact why not just /walk everywhere while your at it? You don’t NEED to run or mount to get places.

eyeroll

7 Likes

Flight is coming in 8.2, when this change is also coming in.

Think, please.

If that is how you feel, while you are at it why not campaign to remove mounts all together?

I’ll take “Whataboutism” for $300, Alex!

I’m with you on that. If they don’t, they should change the name of the mount to the Ground Strider.

8 Likes

And I wouldn’t consider Tyreals Charger hard either, whack a credit card payment down for something and bam there is a mount.

But people try scream murder when others have suggested making it available again. Because at the end of the day, if blizzard gives you something, under the assumption that you did x y and z to earn it, and then they try take that away, that is NEVER a good thing.

5 Likes

Didn’t you get the memo that Ions war on flying means we are pretty much GROUNDED for a year minimum every single expac from here on out?

So no, I don’t care that flying is coming in 6 months or whatever (by the time normal people have earned it), and what I do care about is blizzard changing something for absolutely no good reason.

Go ahead and add these new things but there is no need to change the strider.

6 Likes

That would suck if we have to buy more than one. It should work like an heirloom.

2 Likes

If all my alts get mailed the inflatable boots, that will be fine by me. Having water walking permanently enabled while mounted will be weird, and I’m sure I’ll forget water landings aren’t safe and leap to my death several times. I’ll adapt.

If blizzard mails only one piece of mount equipment to my account, and it’s not an heirloom, I’m gonna be a bit cheesed off at having to pay again for something I already bought.

7 Likes

Totally agree.

2 Likes

So help me understand. I am interpreting this as. If I want say water walking and no daze then each individual character will have to buy 2 pieces of equipment and can then apply them 2 different mounts. So I can have a mount for water and a separate mount for daze.

Or does the equipment choice apply across all mounts and I have to choose only 1.

I want it to work the first way but right now it is all mounts on a character is affected and you can only use one piece of equipment.

This bit, not the other part. One slot per character for all their mounts except sky golem/lumber harvester

That’s disappointing.

1 Like