Clarifying the Process for Unlocking Mechagnomes

Tell that to Kelsey.

Seven hours and anyone who did the requirements on a Horde character still can’t make a Mechagnome due to her not being there.

3 Likes

I think they just rolled out a quick fix that made the “Urgent Care” quest visible if you have the achievement on any character but forgot to flag Kelsey to appear for people with the same progress. Pretty frustrating QA because it doesn’t look like they went any further than “okay, they can pick up the quest now, good night” but I guess they’ll fix it sometime today.

2 Likes

You realize there’s more to this game than transmog and LFR right? Oh wait, you haven’t done anything outside of that lol. Move out of your comfort zone

1 Like

Still not fixed.

1 Like

I can’t see Kelsey in Boralas

Horde main, exalted with Rustbolt, earned the achievement Mechagonian Threat. Logged in with a 120 Alliance character, Mechagon introduction completed and I can’t find Kelsey Steelspark for the quest “Urgent Care”. I tried abandoning the quest and with other alts too, but she still doesn’t show up.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.

Was debating finishing up my Hordling or starting over on one of my Allies.

Oh noes! You can look at profiles and pass judgements. Good job! Be a little more original and constructive.

Just as a heads up, it’s currently broken and requires exalted on the Alliance character.

Well that is lovely. I have a bit of a ways to go, so it will probably be a week or 3 before I get to that stage.

Thank you for the warning though.

And if we want Maghar or Zandalari we have to do the same, what’s your point? This situation is different.

I hope this is fixed before I get home from work. I am not a happy camper.

1 Like

Super frustrating to feel like we aren’t being heard on this issue. I can’t imagine that it’s a small group of people that are encountering it either…

It’d be reassuring to at least hear some release from the dev team on the timetable. It’s still an option for them to simply remove the revered rep gate on the dungeon quest to finish that achievement.

3 Likes

Horde main, exalted with Rustbolt, earned the achievement Mechagonian Threat. Logged in with a 120 Alliance character, Mechagon introduction completed and Kelsey Steelspark is not at the fountain for the quest “Urgent Care”. The ? shows on the mini map, but the NPC is not there. I tried abandoning the quest, logging out, reacquiring the quest, etc., but the NPC is still not there.

Did she pop an invisibility potion? :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to creating a mechagnome toon, whenever this bug is fixed.

Hi there, On my character Pisanti on server The Scryers I have both the achievements unlocked and yet when I go to the SW Embassy Aysa Cloudsinger does not give me the quest line to start?

Literally two posts later

Kelsey not showing up at all in Boralus Harbor for me after accepting the Urgent Care quest. I have an Alliance character with almost honored reputation with Mechagon and have both required achievements unlocked on a Horde character.

Edit: This is hurting your race change sales some since many people can’t even do this quest yet.

— Also, I’ve noticed that my Alliance characters don’t show Operation Mechagon: The Mechorginator as completed on any Alliance character as part of The Mechagonian Threat achievement. Perhaps we’d have to be at least revered on an Alliance toon to get the quest to complete the dungeon and then the NPC would show up? Might be a work around.

1 Like

Thanks for Clarifying. Disappointing that not even 5 minutes of verification was put into this though. Not the type of quality I would expect from Blizzard.

2 Likes

It’s being encountered by everyone trying to do this without having exalted on the Alliance character. The process is just flat out broken somehow.

1 Like

Still no Kelsey after 14 hrs of waiting. So much for Mechagnomes being available to play on release of 8.3. You’d think it would be easy to make her visible to the certain group of us who haven’t done Mechagon on an alliance character. Maybe they could make the quest giver at the emissary give the next portion of the questline. There is definitely a fix for this, no reason why it should take this long.

4 Likes