Circling back: improving holiday mount drops

This has been brought up before but as we are less than 4 months away from the next “Love is in the Air” event, I figure I would bring it up again. Would hate for it to be January and hear another “well, we’re still working on it… but sorry we aren’t going to implement it this year! better luck in 2024!”

Has anything actually been done or planned regarding a solution to this, or was it “discussed” in February and forgotten about? What exactly is the team going to do to for a ridiculously low drop rate (0.03%) mount, aka the X-45 Heartbreaker / Love Rocket? It’s a low-poly mount with an abysmal drop rate for no reason. It isn’t gained through challenging, rewarding, or fun methods other than “just do it 60,00,000 times and hope for the best!” a la brute force. I personally have over 2,600 attempts on my Rarity count, and that doesn’t even scratch the surface.

X-45 Heartbreaker aside, there’s still a decent % of people out there trying for other holiday mounts who still don’t have them. Why not have the daily bags from these holiday dungeons drop a bind-on-account token that can be used to buy the mount? Why work so hard to block people from having a mount? It’s not like we are climbing the ladder to get gladiator or putting in work/effort for a meta-achievement like the violet protodrake.

Throw us a bone, I beg.

15 Likes