Chromie Time not able to activate (fixed)

(edit- we’ve gotten this issue fixed!)
My wife and i are unable to activate Chromie Time on characters that just finished the Exile’s Reach starting zone. At lvl 10 after wrapping up the intro to Orgrimmar questline and receiving the tie-in for BFA, we tried talking to Chromie, but she says we have to finish what we’re doing in Zandalar first.

We have tons of max level characters already on this server on both factions. What is preventing us from turning on Chromie Time? We want to level through Draenor and we were able to accept the quest from the bounty board, but because we aren’t in Chromie Time, we cannot queue for dungeons of this bracket- stuck with BFA dungeons.

3 Likes

Same thing here. I have BfA Loremaster Horde/Alliance.

Ran a new Rogue through Exile’s Reach and hit Stormwind. Took the quest to go see the King. I wonder if that was the mistake?

I am thinking I should have gone right from the gate to Chromie first…

First hiccup really. Starting zone and first 10 levels were really smooth.

I am having the same issue. Multiple characters at lvl 50 and shes not working.

1 Like

My wife is having the same issue and the difference seem to be that I didn’t take the quest that takes you to Stormwind Keep and start the BfA quest chain.

It looks like after you accept that quest, you can’t abandon it and you can’t use chromie time.

I hope this is an overlook from Blizzard side, since it’s a pretty impactful thing without any sort of warning or notice so that a informed decision can be made.

My wife and I planned to level together on WoD but now she apparently can’t follow me to the WoD zone.

Looks like if you complete the BFA intro to the “Come Sail Away” achievement (or the Horde equilivant) you can then go back and initiate Chromie time.

5 Likes

Thank you!

This worked for me. I met Jaina at the docks and traveled to Boralus. Had to escape the dungeon, tour the town and then do a couple of things with Cyrus. After you choose what zone you are going to start in and get “Come Sail Away” you can take the portal back to Stormwind. Then run over to Chromie and select a time period.

5 Likes

Sadly this does not seem to be the case. We just finished up the Zandalar intro quest and got the achievement (we’re 20 now) and Chromie still isn’t offering the option for Chromie Time.

Did you start a new char in the new starting zone? I did Exile’s Reach and so I was level 10 when I popped into SW. So as noted above, I was able to choose WoD…

I also have all addons disabled. And before I went to do the BfA start stuff I did an exit and relaunched the client.

A player in chat just whispered me that he took a portal to a different capital city. This popped up a dialog that he was leaving the “tutorial” which he accepted. Then he took a portal “back” to SW and when he got back he was able to select a different expansion with Chromie.

1 Like

We juuuust found the fix. After dinking around trying restart after restart we found Warlord Breka (horde npc from Exile’s Reach) in the throne room in Org, told her we were already familiar with Org and it gave us the prompt to leave the tutorial. After that we were able to turn on Chromie Time.

1 Like

Cool! Glad it worked out for you. Good luck!

1 Like

You don’t even need to do that. You just refuse to pick up the quest that tours you around stormwind / orgrimmar and go right to Chromie. Was able to do that on a character that finished Exiles Reach earlier today.

I’m still stuck. I’ve done all these things. Some of my other toons see Chromie but my new level 10 that went through Exiles Reach can’t. I toured Stormwind. I did the Boralus intro and got the achieve. I left Stormwind and got the prompt and hit end turotial. Nothing has worked, it still says I am busy in BFA. It seems like I am legit stuck. Anyone else found another solution? I feel like I may have to just delete and remake.

8 Likes

For Alliance all you have to do is get the achievement Come Sail Away then port back to SW and talk to Chromie to pick an expansion.

2 Likes

Wow thank you. Saved me another tour through BfA.

Leave stormwind walkin to goldshire, it shoul appear a pop up that says something in tje lines of:

Are ypu sure you want to leave witout finishing the tutorial

And click yes, that woul make you character free to select cromie time

I left the tutorial on a new character I made this morning after doing exile’s reach, and I still can’t start chromie time… the only quests I can see in SW, aside from a few generic ones, are the bfa starting ones :frowning:

Note: I did go and get the achievement “come sail away”, and no good, still stuck in having to do bfa. Been playing this game off and on for 15 years, kinda don’t need a tutorial blizzard…

2 Likes

If you do happen to get roped into the BFA zones. I completed the initial run around and didn’t select a region to begin from the table next to Princess Talanji, went back to Org and I was able to start Chromie.

I still doesn’t matter. I can’t get it to work on any level 10 toon, starting zone or not.

3 Likes

Well on Alliance i just had to leave SW to exit tutorial. Then come back and do BFA startting quest until I set up portals. At that time i was able to go to Chromie and choose an expansion. Hopefully its easier on the Horde side of things. Come on Blizz it should not be this complicated.

2 Likes