Chromie Fairytales and Fable SPOILER

What about on the Titanic, where the women and children were prioritized while the men were expected to die?

The titanic sank before women were even allowed to vote. Also:

1 Like

It’s easy to understand why people like Finnibas are so opposed to the idea that these things exist and effect society when you remember they’re usually NEETs who don’t interact with society in any meaningful way

In a sense I sorta get Lienthras point, assuming he’s not being sarcastic. The idea that men need to be “tough” in a way that is ultimately just harmful to them and others is an example of toxic masculinity.

16 Likes

Wow I woke up and took a look at this, and it has not really gotten any better. Kinda surprised Blizz hasn’t put a lock on the thread. I am pretty sure some folks are not actually debating/replying in good faith so just gonna say…

Remember not to feed the trolls, folks.

Wait, you mean listening to random MRA’s and alt-righter youtubers ramble on about sociological issues they know nothing about isn’t interacting with society? :flushed: :flushed:

11 Likes

Whoa now. Don’t push it.

1 Like

Blizzard makes Thrall a Paler Green between Wrath and Cata: Players Sleep :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Blizzard makes a White Human to a Black Human: PLAYER ANGURY REEEE :rage: :rage: :rage:

4 Likes

I agree with your point, I was using that as an example because it’s evidence the OP and people who think like him are more likely to find valid.

That’s the only problem people should be having with this. Chromie being trans is good representation and her name was always different so there’s precedent. The confusion should be coming from why this book is called Fairytales and Fables when there doesn’t actually seem to be any. I don’t get it.

1 Like

All the other stories are fairy tales or in-universe myths (e.g. Earthmother and An’she/Elune) or cultural stories (eg the Goblin Funeral), the people who have the book only cared about Chromie and Veressa

1 Like

I feel somewhat guilty in that I didn’t know either of these things happened and/or that there was or was not a controversy surrounding it. I was just kidding about Thrall being Light or Dark Green.

This thread is a perfect example. Chromie appears in a female gnome form, and she was born with a masculine dragon name. Didn’t we already know this? My take from it was that it’s cool that there is a coming of age ceremony for how dragons pick their forms. Considering how dragon lore generally goes in WoW, this is actually awesome. Next I’d like to know why they all pick Alliance races for their forms? Inquiring minds would like to know.

6 Likes

I know you asked for an in-universe reason, but my butt-pull meta guess is that because dragons are probably the quintessential fantasy monster already, their alternate / disguised / diplomatic forms would be the opposite of a monster, AKA something like a human or an elf. That just happens to line up most with the alliance, as their core races are made up of those.

I think that makes Ebonhorn stand out even more to me. He’s not just going dragon -> horde, but monster -> monster. He never sheds that identity on a meta level.

3 Likes

Nah they usually pick “blood elf” models, which was always odd, you’d think Ysera would pick a Night Elf, or Nozdormu would be a Troll or a Tauren since that’s the only race that’s always been on Azeroth post-Black Empire so it makes time travel easier

But in reality they picked Blood Elf Women In Bikini because Developer Horny; only by grace of God did we also get Tattoo Daddy Nozdormu Blood Elf.

5 Likes

Oddly enough I’m fine with both of these answers.

1 Like

Now that you mention it, Ysera’s kinda weird. I thought she always used a night elf model, but I logged in to doublecheck her in Ardenweald and she really is just using the blood elf base but with purple skin and adjusted ears. Like, she’s obviously SUPPOSED to look like a night elf, so why not just use that?

1 Like

Honestly? Probably miscommunication that wasn’t caught in time.

But can we keep this?

For research purposes…it’s not harming anyone… it’s why I run Dragon Soul.

2 Likes

we already do! nozdormu has a half sleeve

unless you mean blood elf tattoos, which canonically exist, but we weren’t given

1 Like

There needs to be more Daddy Nozdormu love, in this forum.

2 Likes

Daddy Nozdormu does not mind waiting. He literally has all the time in the world.

4 Likes