Chromie Fairytales and Fable SPOILER

To note: it’s not the rich guy who made the steak or bottled the champagne, but rather his broke cook and broke farmers

There are trans devs who are not visible at all for the company beyond twitter, same every other category you can imagine. They are the ones ultimately in the room as these stories are decided, as characters are written, as models are made.

4 Likes

On the flip side:

You see a man you hate hanging off a cliff. Lets say you save his life because of his family, or simply because you don’t want his death on your conscience. Basically any reason except that person’s benefit.

What difference does it make and to who?

It would seem even if you told that guys wife you hated him as you saved him, if she loved him, she would be grateful for your deeds, regardless of your feelings.

3 Likes

use whatever excuses you want.

I mean, personal character and integrity is important. Saying that can be corrupted by greed shouldn’t be a controversial thing. I have been a fan of Blizzard since 1995, and I am at a point where I am so disappointed with them, that I am really wrestling with the idea of washing my hands of them for good. The story is garbage, the content and gameplay is lack luster, the microtransactions flooding TBC Classic, their overall conduct as a company. It is not difficult to see how greed has corrupted the soul of the company over the years. So much so where just about all the OGs have left it.

Now, for me personally, the Chromie situation is a nonissue. I was using She/Her pronouns for her already, and I will continue to do so. Nothing has really changed as far as I am concerned. Though, I am not sure I have the most positive view of Blizzard right now to just take it at face value that they are allies of the LGBTQ, and this is some firm pro-Trans rights stance they are taking.

For example, Pride Month is nearly here, and we are going to see all these major companies changing their logos to the Rainbow variant. Except their outlets located in parts of the world where LGBTQ people are still very much fighting for their rights to live. It is these places where allies are needed most, but because these corporations are motivated by profit, and have no moral character or integrity, it is practically non-existent.

I don’t so much appreciate my likeness being used as a marketing tool while the same companies are turning a blind eye to the systemic extermination happening in other parts of the world. I don’t think pointing out the hypocrisy of that makes someone a – whatever- Phobe. It is a very important concern.

Now, is this something Blizzard is guilty of? I don’t know. In this instance, probably not. I haven’t really been on the forums as much as I used to be. Frankly because I am so disheartened with the state of the lore and story that I don’t so much care anymore. I believe what probably happened is, some time ago, Blizzard did what they always do, and forgot their own lore regarding Dragon naming conventions, and accidently gave Chromie a male name. This was a convenient and topical fix to that oopsie. I would like to believe the corporate line from Blizzard, that they did this with the absolute best intention for Trans people. However, my respect for Blizzard at the moment is the lowest it has ever been, so I am a bit cynical.

2 Likes

This just makes me think of Bojack/The Good Place. I am not going to fault any company for simply trying to do business. Ultimately it is not their job to stick it to repressive government. The free world has generally turned a blind eye to alot of repression because we ultimately benefit from it/hope interacting will soften their stances.

Assuming they did try to promote lgbt causes, they would likely just get censored or kicked out of those countries and have their current employees now without a job. And we are not innocent either from benefiting from say China’s cheap good or oil fron Russia/The middle east. The western powers themselves can only do so much before a bad situation just gets worse.

Fear and greed are not convincing excuses for turning a blind eye to tyranny and gross violations of basic human dignity. I would rather pay a little bit more for goods than give money to the communist, genocidal CCP.

The United States especially has no excuse. Fully capable of being energy independent, there is really no need to continue to fill the coffers of people like that.

That is a big problem today. People don’t take a stand. People who live in the first world have to much to lose. Well paying jobs, large houses, comfortable clothes and an abundance of food without any concern of where those things come from.

And when Capitalism gives way to Corporatism, things become much less about the overall social or economic good, and things become more about the green in the individuals pocket. Social justices gets confused with towing the line of the status quo.

3 Likes

Why did i boost a druid in tbc anyways?

Because you wanted flight form?