Christie Golden Laid Off

There’s a Kobold renown faction in War Within.

If you think I don’t care about seeing neutral races get love, you don’t know me.

3 Likes

You don’t believe they all deserve parity in screentime.

They “deserve” exactly as much screentime as we the players find enjoyable. They’re just pixels; their rights aren’t being trampled if they aren’t represented.

1 Like

Generally speaking I think it’s valid to want any given race to have more screentime. But trying to relate that back to the faction conflict is very silly in my opinion. First and foremost, WoW has always had a heavy bias for Humans. I don’t necessarily think of that as a good thing or a bad thing, it’s just a thing. So I think wanting to see other specific less focused on races get their moment to be explored is reasonable.

Me personally I’d love to finally get a moment when we get to further explore the Goblins via finally getting to see Undermine. I’d love for that location to be fully realized and have storylines centered around all the different cartels and for there to be some moments where Goblin characters get to shine more brightly.

I would not, however, EVER relate this to “errrr red team no get fair treatment :///////////”

1 Like

She struck me as being the D.C. Fontana of this franchise.

Do we really need to see more effort given to quillboars than tauren?

1 Like

You just hit the nail on the head on this argument. Those people asking for “Horde place in the cosmic narrative” don’t see blood elves or Nightborne as “real Horde.” Ignoring 32% of Horde players.

Far, far too many people made Christie Golden into some kind of lore bogeyman when she wasn’t even given all the information from the actual creative directors (Mr. Shall-not-be-named and Danuser, respectively) so she made due with what she had.

I never read anything I know she wrote and thought “This worsens the lore”, contrary to whatever prompted Sylvanas to be the main character of Shadowlands with superpowers and an entirely undeserved redemption arc.

It’s because the Horde and Alliance as “package deals” doesn’t work.

Being red team or blue team doesn’t mean you care about every race in that group.

People focus so much on this when it’s the wrong argument to begin with. It has nothing to do with red team or blue team, you just want the specific races you like to get more focus.

Which is fine just SAY that.

2 Likes

No. That’s sort of the point. We don’t need to give everyone equal screentime, it’s a ridiculous assertion.

It’s not even remotely feasible anyway. At the end of the day, blizz has a story to tell and they aren’t going to waste precious resources to give every obscure race in game equal screen time

It also would be very weird if every expansion had one major player of each race playing a major role equally.

It would feel forced.

Just tell a good story and i wont care if my quest giver is anduin, jaina, thalysra, or even Xavius, Azshara, Sargeras.

1 Like

I like to think that’s how most people are. At the end of the day, a good story is all most of us want. Bonus points if your favorite race or leader shows up.

1 Like

If it ignores one faction in a two faction game, it’s not a good story.

2 Likes

Only if you’re obessed with the factions, than sure. Most of us have moved on from the Red vs Blue mentality

On the contrary, everyone here is promoting the Team Blue status quo.

3 Likes

people like you shouldnt be allowed to post. what does her nephew dying the next day form cancer ahve anything to do with her job in any way shape or form. It doesnt. it’s just you trying to make blizzard look as bad as you can.

Your name sounds familiar. You trolled me before on your classic alt. I didn’t write Christie’s post.

Unfortunately this is just a continuation of the faction brainrot.

When something isn’t red it must be blue. When you only look at things through the lens of factions, everything looks like faction bias.

Something something when all you have is a hammer everything looks like nails.

1 Like

you wrote

again trash post form you.