Christie Golden Laid Off

No, that’s a later fandom spin on Thrall. It used to be that he was reclaiming the true orc identity after the whole “demon blood madness” era. I am beyond salty that even the devs are now claiming that this is all because Taretha Foxton hugged him once. It used to be because he learned from orcish mentors while growing up.

As for making his people suffer, that’s also a retcon. In WC3, he chose Durotar as the orcs’ new home because it was “rugged and beautiful,” like the place they originally came from. This was also before Daelin deforested the place.

I don’t have time to watch the video right now, but is that the one where they said Garrosh was the “orc-iest orc” to ever orc out of Orctown?

3 Likes

He is nice because his former best friend was a cute human girl. That is canon now.

1 Like

Yes but The Shattering retconned that aswell.

Had a long discussion about this before.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2555066-Orcs-settling-in-Durotar-wasn-t-as-stupid-as-people-say

I refuse to accept it. It wasn’t canon at the time it was written; I don’t have to go along with some later people who came along and tried to claim it means something that runs counter to the intentions of the story creator(s). Same goes for the “penance” thing.

2 Likes

Thrall can’t know what Draenor was like at all. He never been there until WOD. And I dare to say even Frostfire Ridges has more to offer then Durotar does.

He can have heard about it from those orcish mentors that he listened to while growing up. That’s how he learned about the traditional orcish culture. Certainly none of the orcs who followed him say “Well, actually…” when he makes that statement.

I believe it was, in fact, Christie Golden who started pushing the idea that Taretha Foxton had more influence on Thrall than all the orcs in the camp where he grew up.

Maybe now, but not in WC3 or before the book where that stupid penance thing came up (was it The Shattering?).

1 Like

Yes. That was his inner monolouge when he traveled to Nagrand thinking about the conversations with Cairne and Jaina.

The orc that liberated all the orcs from human slavery and internment camps, the orc that fought against the Legion, thats lame for you, but the lapdogs of the legion, that were literally enslaved by the demons without knowing or consent are the cool ones?

You have a very distorted view dude.

1 Like

Doomhammer freed the Orcs from the demon joke. And he would have won the war if Gul’dan didn’t take half the army with him.

Thrall made the situation of the Orcs from bad to worse the moment they landed on Kalimdor.

you heard here first.

being enslaved by humans is better than having your own free nation, according to erevien.

The food in the camps was free. Durotar sucks on all accounts. They should have chosen Feralas.

Concentration camps will ALWAYS be worse erevien.

So humans used gas chambers now? Last time I checked they were prisoners and not believed to be an inferior race hated by a man with a funny moustache.

Looks at the literal camps, than the orcs, than at people like Greymane and Anasatarien who wanted to slaughter the lot of them

Okay than.

Erevien: being enslaved by the legion and then being in internment camps is better than liberating your people moving to a new land, and having prosperity despite living in a harsh enviroment.

I can’t… this is too funny, I think I like the horde more than this dude, and i don’t even have a horde toon.

1 Like

No, no they were for sure concentration camps. The human kingdoms did not know exactly what to do with them in the long term. The camps were a huge financial burden, which is why some leaders began to voice support for wholesale extermination. How do you handle invasive aliens with no home to go back to? That is basically what it was.

1 Like

With each day that passes, I become more and more convinced that Erevien/Grazrug hates the Horde and secretly supports the Alliance.

He actually admit that he mained a Human character in Cataclysm.

I can’t imagine any Horde fan seriously arguing that the orcs are better off in the Human internment camps than in Durotar.

Grazrug/Erevien is an Alliance double agent and you are all falling for it. He literally wants to lock up the Orcs again in the Alliance internment camps. I consider myself an Alliance-leaning player but even I wouldn’t go that far.

She literally said he wanted to be the orciest orc and that it was a problem.
She also says that Thrall is tempered with humanity.

4 Likes

The majority of the Horde is tampered by this “noble savage” trope crap. It’s the worst part of the WC3 Horde races.

2 Likes

I’ve been told that Golden liked homophobic tweets about Wranduin, but I haven’t been showed them so idk. She did agree with a dev saying Wrathion deserved to get punched though.