@Chris Metzen, retcon Shadowlands

Come on Chris,

I know you love Arthas, you created the character and wrote the lore on warcraft 3.

Retcon Shadowlands and bring the spirit of Arthas back. Redo the atrocities that Steve Danuser did to a beloved Warcraft character.

PS : a warcraft veteran

139 Likes

Retcon everything after Legion…

64 Likes

Just make shadowlands a nzoth dream

90 Likes

Love Shadowlands, just needs more peripheral stories to fill it out.

10 Likes

He could always come back because there was alternate timelines, maybe. @_@

Maybe come back as a murloc. >,<“” lol

11 Likes

Regardless of what they do they should just leave Arthas out of it.

His story is done.

20 Likes

to you, what they did to Arthas is unforgivable and needs to be fixed

42 Likes

To be fair turning him into a blue fart is probably better than what would have happened if the Shadowlands writers had actually tried to write him into the story somehow.

16 Likes

Best left forgotten. Completely overrated.

8 Likes

They were planning to reveal he was Anduin’s real father. …Somehow.

Don’t ask how.

3 Likes

Metzen might have a thing for fusion characters like Varian or Bud. Really big chance the mind of Arthas is active inside Anduin’s head. :8ball::robot:

4 Likes

No need to retcon it at all. Just have the screen fade to black after you kill the Jailer.
You wake up in the Chamber of the Heart, and Magni is the “Defeated Jailer” turn in for the final quest.

"Champion! Yer back! Been almost a month since ye was laid out from N’zoth’s mind control! We feared we’d lost ye with those fevers ye had! What…? Shadowlands? Sylvanas? Oh no, no, no, Sylvanas an Nathanos were killed by Saurfang and Tyrande at the Marris Stead. Their heads be outside Orgrimmar an Darnassus respectively. Saurfang’s the Warchief now! What’s the “Jailer”? Is that some new thing they do in Goldshire? …
…Champion, I think yer head still be swimmin. Why not rest a while longer?"

64 Likes

Get a grip. He’s no more dead than he was before shadowlands.

6 Likes

What they did to Ursoc was unforgiveable.

46 Likes

This would be really cool. - Worried about Anduin, however, w/this. lol >,<"

2 Likes

Might be destined, so far i’ve heard he’s somehow made loyal friends with the Nerubians. :crystal_ball::robot:

…or the Makrura depending on settings. :crab:

5 Likes

Stories aren’t supposed to end exactly the way readers/viewers want. Not unless Hallmark movies are your thing. In that case it’s always the happy ending everyone wants. Stories that always end the way you want are a ticket to boredom.

8 Likes

I fully support this. Time to hit the delete button.

9 Likes

Please, redo it all from Legion. So many beloved Lore NPCs were destroyed beyond repair, and for NO reason.

From another Blizzard Veteran.

11 Likes

I will remain forever bewildered why they yoinked Calia out of the priest hall like they did.

8 Likes