"Choices Should Matter."

They don’t try to make the content for the world first race bro. It just happens to be the way it is, and then they nerf the obvious problems once the race is over. Unless you actually truly believe Blizzard intended for folks to pay to race change to goblin…?

He was also telling players they would be trash and not invited to groups for not min/maxing corruption at the start of 8.3 when he didn’t like the corruption system.

He even made a thread saying he’d quit if Shadowlands had more external power systems and would go play SWTOR.

He’s a hypocrite that tried to be an elitist but wasn’t good enough.

3 Likes

When was the last time a choice mattered? Aldor vs Scryer?

When it comes to the raids they absolutely make and balance the raid with the RWF in mind. They watch them play the entire time and make mini adjustments as it goes, not just once it is over. It’s very clearly something they care about.

Can we ask, why exactly we still buying this “Choices and Consequences” thing that was used for something like one of those Xbox 360/PS3 game trailers where it says “your choices has consequences” but it doesn’t change the entire story as you want it too as the marking material leads you to believe and it’s just two endings at the end to pick from, devoid from everything else you did in the game until that point, something like that back in 2006 to 2008 or something?

All of the sudden, WoW is doing it and suddenly it’s a big deal as either a good or bad thing? What happened with saying “just wait and see”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

He made the same exact thread for 8.3 threatening to go over to SWTOR back in January or feb IIRC.

I would go as far to say he isn’t even good enough to be a casual.

1 Like

It’s crazy to read people that think Blizzard doesn’t balance the raid for the Race to World First when they literally assign devs to the top teams to e-mail back and forth with the players to figure out how to balance if something seems impossible or only doable with weeks more worth of gear.

Thought Harvesters on N’Zoth are the perfect example of this - the way they work was a direct result of them asking the raiders how they think it should work when its original iteration was impossible during the first week

It would’ve became possible with gear eventually, but they keep it balanced for the race to continue.

1 Like

I’m not arguing with you. If you think Ion Hazzikostas and his team are sitting in a meeting talking about how to best create a fight for Limit, you’re just wrong. You’re absolutely wrong. You can go do some research where they’ve talked about how they design their encounters. The facts are out there.

The vast majority of guilds and players don’t clear mythic raids.

5% on average is the % of the players that achieve cutting edge.

Dude. Making some tweaks to mechanics on the fly to keep things engaging is not designing content for them.

You know what game designed content specifically for the world first race? FFXIV. They set a pre-defined intended ilvl, and then they made a complicated puzzle that the players at the top end solve. Entire puzzle elements to some fights exist solely to be something that world first racers needed to figure out the solution to before actually proceeding with the fight.

The entire reason why Blizzard needs to keep in contact with these players is BECAUSE THEY DO NOT DESIGN IT FOR THEM WITH A SOLUTION IN MIND. Sometimes they design a fight for well-geared players and it just doesn’t work for world first race (“mathematically impossible”). WoD Butcher comes to mind as being a fight very, very, VERY obviously not designed around the gear people go in there with.

As I said to that other guy, you can do the research, Blizzard has already talked about this. I gave you a bit more involved answer because your post was a bit more involved than his, but the end result is the same.

I mean you weren’t playing this expansion so you likely didn’t watch the streams of the RWF where Limit would literally talk about how their contact with the devs worked and the impact it had on encounter design/balance. We watched it in real time.

You don’t know what you’re talking about, but you’re the type that doesn’t let that prevent you from talking anyway so carry on

It’s interesting you responded to me without reading my post but okay.

2nd paragraph is why

The fact that most classes only have a single set of talent choices is what gives me great doubt at blizzards ability to balance these covenants.

1 Like

I notice folks on GD have this habit on misinterpreting what someone else said, and then getting defensive and saying “Well I trust Ion / X / Y / Z more than someone on the forum” even though it’s you who is mistaken.

Aside from the final boss fight which they’ve said they’re a bit more loose with because they don’t get tested on the PTR, they design and tune fights, and then they put them out there, and then they make light tweaks where blocks happen. That’s it. This idea that there’s a collaborative effort where they’re flying Method or Limit out to Irvine to solicit feedback on encounter design… no. You’re wrong. You misunderstood what was happening.

What upsets me most is that these covenant abilities need to be balanced and they even mentioned about how they will be balanced.

That doesn’t seem like it’s the case though. However, I have 0 experience and not much knowledge of em so I could be wrong.

Said pretty clearly they have devs assigned to communicate with the players before and during the RWF, not that anyone is being flown anywhere.

Refer back to

They’re actually moving in the opposite direction. At Blizzcon, they showed the early version in which all 4 covenants had movement abilities as their base ability. They all had slightly different tweaks, but they were all movement abilities.

They threw that out at some point for 2 of the covenants, giving them a shield and a potion instead. So now it’s even harder to balance than before since half the abilities aren’t even for comparable jobs.

1 Like

Are we still pretending that sims will be able to tell us what covenant is best for every situation? Trying to keep up with the doomscrolling.

1 Like

Have you ever used a sim? Because a sim doesn’t even try to factor in things like Blink.

You’re misinterpreting what “communicate” means. Again, you’re confused and instead of actually looking at your misinterpretation, you’re getting defensive. You doing the exact thing I said this forum is infamous for cracks me up.

GD at its finest.