China Approves Acquisition of Activision Blizzard

And if the CMA is stiff-necked it gets disbanded by the Government as a Government Regulator even if it’s staff refuses to accept the Department’s disbanding in which case they can be arrested for treason.

On that note: I would love to see an entire Government Department(doesn’t matter which one) arrested for Treason against the greater Government!

funny thing about the cma is that they did not know how the cloud system worked in the first place

1 Like

Good theyve had the worst model for gaming since the PS2 days.

1 Like

Sure they would get sued. Whether they care is another story. Wouldnt be the first case of the UK Government being incredibly dumb cough brexit cough

I’m sure the British government would be thrilled to have to pirate windows for their military or hospitals what could go wrong? lmao

1 Like

There are ways to get your hands on them if you really want. And they arent difficult either. And as i said above it wouldnt be the first time where the UK government proved to have no rival in terms of stupidity.

Well it is Britain, they invented piracy…

the Vikings beat them to it

1 Like

Forms of piracy have been documented all the way back with The Sea Peoples of the bronze age collapse they threatened ships in Aegean and Mediterranean waters in the 14th century BC.

2 Likes

Antitrust laws don’t exist?

That’s not… how it works… at all…

Where on Earth are you pulling this from?

2 Likes

this is what im hoping for, its very unlikely, i know this, but a boy can dream cant he? MS cleans house top to bottom and brings in all new teams from all the different banners under their control, has an actual CS department that arent unpaid interns runnin on Mountain Shoutin (walmart brand mtn dew) and Great Value flavored totilla chips…

thats my hope anyway.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, because indie game making is relatively accessible. The video game market is far, far more than AAA titles.

Even if every AAA title was consolidated under one company, there would still be a large and lucrative market for indie titles.

Sony has convinced the US Government that Microsoft will be a monopoly in the gaming business if this deal goes through. Of course since Sony is just as big a gaming company as Microsoft they had to convince the government that the “mono” in Monopoly really does NOT mean “One”. Appreantly it seems to be working.

Oh.you sweet summer child.

Ya. You really think the global business/gov and even existing tech integrations work like that?

Cause, thats just not how things are,have been, or will be.

1 Like

If Sony were really concerned about that they’d be petitioning the government to have a look at the Embracer Group LOL.

i thought china wasnt doing business with blizzard anymore.

I think its related to the thing we saw when it comes to buying concert tickets. There is really only one option these days, and they charge out the you-know-what and have tons of fees ontop of fees.
There are no alternatives either because everything was bought out by this one company.

Thats the only thing I can think of though.

If the UK does not approve Microsoft CEO refised to say if they would do it anyways and just not sell games in the UK.

The end is nigh.

1 Like

Good MAYBE if Microsoft takes over they can fix WoW AND finally show Blizzard how to make OW2 PvE. They cant seem to figure out the basics anyway.
If only we had a number of resources and prior PvE shooter games to pull from… o well guess we will never know.