Chief Diversity,Equity, and Inclusion Officer

:thinking: thoughts on this?

7 Likes

I wish Wowhead used a different-sized picture for the article thumbnail so I’m not just staring at her hairline on the front page.

16 Likes

Does this mean I will have more diverse talents to choose from as a destro warlock?

129 Likes

I think it’s a good start.

Side note: They have a position called “Chief People Officer” and I am sure it’s an important role, it is just a very funny title.

6 Likes

Congrats to her on the new job.

22 Likes

why does a gaming company need a Chief DIE Officer

97 Likes

It appears more focused within the company than on the product which sounds like a good thing given how Blizzard has to repair their image.

6 Likes

I hope she talked with Jen O’Neal before taking this position…

6 Likes

I mean, it’s a title. Why do they need the caveat of “Women and non-binary” though?

What ever happened to just hiring the best person for the job? If the best person for a position is a woman, hire her, no questions asked. You don’t need a a specially appointed Chief Officer for that.

118 Likes

So long as they’re being more inclusive by making the place somewhere women and minorities would want to work I think its awesome.

If they would rate someone higher as a candidate for employment if they’re in those groups, then I think its discriminatory and not cool.

But overall I think being a workplace that values each member of their team regardless of such factors as race and gender identity is a great goal to work towards.

So I wish them luck in making it a reality

7 Likes

apparently you do, or this wouldn’t have come up in the first place

9 Likes

She is not an it
And the article specifically says she in the blue post

4 Likes

The new employee is a female. So yea saying “she” would be correct.

That way of thinking isn’t “inclusive” and hurts peoples feelings :woozy_face:

32 Likes

It’s ridiculous that society is so corrupt that they even need somebody to fill such a position.

34 Likes

As long as people are being hired and promoted for their qualifications, not gender / sexuality, I’m cool with it. Why wouldn’t I be?

7 Likes

What precisely does this position even do?

6 Likes

I work as a software company for an R&D company that works with federal clients, and we have a Chief People Officer. It’s a funny title but I’d assume that if a company like mine has one, then it’s a real and important thing. Probably head of HR or something.

1 Like

You make a gigantic salary and donate a healthy share of it to the democratic party of California.

44 Likes

Diversity hires. And people said its against the law or something. People thinking companies do this outta the care in their heart … Lol…

Instead of addressing workplace issues… We have gone down this slippery slope. God how I miss even the early 2000s lol

60 Likes

Because finding the best person for the job isn’t the goal. It’s providing the most diversity and equity.

If 100 people apply for ten position and 90 of them are identity A, and 10 of them are identity B,C,D,E and F, statistically 9 of the 10 best applicants will be identity A.

Their job is to make sure they hire 9 B,C,D,E and F people and one A person. Doesn’t matter that there are more A people interested and qualified for the job.

41 Likes