Check-PVP abusing

After a brief hiatus I’ve returned to the game to expose the deepest and darkest parts about the rp community.

Did you know that people actually abuse a third party pvp site to hound and stalk other RPers in-game across their entire account? If not, then you probably don’t know this can actually be you…

So how does this work and how can you keep all of your other toons anonymous? Take a visit to https://check-pvp.fr and play around with it. Use the search bar to look up yourself, and some friends. When done you’ll find whatever toon you searched up, and all of their pvp info. This isn’t important, scroll down and you’ll find all of the alts they’ve logged into that season.

For example click that link and you’ll be able to see all of my alts, but you can actually turn this off. Make an account with check pvp, and go to your settings and disabled those alts from being viewed.

It’s crazy that anyone has to do even do this. If you need help let me know.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! That’s very frustrating you even have to make an account to get your own information taken down like that.

1 Like

I use this for checking arena partners.

I can’t remember what the alt-finder was but there was one for the forums back in the day that someone had made and you had to sign up to opt out. That was a good time.

There will always be ways to find people, alts or otherwise as this is the internet. There is no hiding.

1 Like

Same because that’s the intended use of the website, it’s meant to track your account wide pvp progress. I just find it cringe that people use this as a way to litterally stalk people online.

“Oh this person is offline? Hmm let me /who XYZalt and hunt them down to the ends of the earth.”

I think the only time I used this it worked out for me in the end. I got sus about someone I was Rping with. Turned out to be a former RP partner trying to slink their way back in. It can be helpful, but it can also be bad IMO.

I recommend logging on and making an account and hiding alts.

2 Likes

I get that, I think it does more bad than good though. If you don’t want to talk to someone then just ignore them, it’s account-wide.

That feature is known to be bugged. :smiley: Learnt that first hand lol. Ignored someone on one character. Can still see their emotes/posts/have them whisper me on another character. It needs to be fixed.

3 Likes

Some people have problem in their head, they are sick. They need help. Sadly this is something doctors should take care of and not blizzard.

I’m not a fan that you have to individually select what characters are being shown rather than a blanket “Don’t show alts” button.