Cheaters and No One Cares, At Blizzard It Seems

There are accounts spamming ARMIES of death knights and it’s in key leveling locations. ALL hours of the day, no matter the character. Most notably in Outland. Dozens of cheating reports yet it’s still happening. Just a send a DM out there to watch! They are using scripts to move, attack, and target. Targets that are dead are moved to. Targets that they didn’t even attack. They can reach quest NPCs from across the map in a straight line. They run and get hung up for a while on objects. The cannons on the hill outside Honor Hold they will CIRCLE IT IN EXACTLY THE SAME FASHION. DOZENS of the same class, in the same guild, with nonsense names and random letters. ALL GNOME DEATH KNIGHTS.

But Blizzard doesn’t care.

8 Likes

“hOw Do YoU kNoW tHeYrE bOtTiNg”

10 Likes

What is the purpose of the bots? Do they just kill mobs and loot the gold?

1 Like

What server is this? I must see this for myself lol.

:cookie:

18 Likes

Most likely farm and sell the gold.

It’s been that way like forever and it’s a pvp area so you should expect that there.

I saw and reported the most suspicious looking Druid ever yesterday. And there is no shortage of suspicious looking Druids.

This Druid was in Boomkin form just endlessly spamming the skinnable mobs just outside Zandalar(towards the dino ranch).

When I clicked on them to see what spells/abilities they were using it was just a series of super fast rapid fire "skinning"and “looting” animations.

It was only taking this Druid like .0001 of a nanosecond to skin, while constantly looting and while constantly pulling fresh mobs.

Their “star power” or Mana bar or whatever was always completely empty.

It made no sense to me.

I can only guess it’s some type of skinning/bloodbone automation program but it was just so blatant.

I dunno about OP man. Just do what Indo, if it looks seriously questionable, just report it and move on.

What else can ya do?

4 Likes

Blizzard wouldn’t do anything in or around honor hold because it interferes with the pvp that goes there. If it is a problem just call on pvpers they would love it. And op,don’t flag yourself it’s not worth it if you’re questing there.

I’ve seen similar in Drustvar in one of the early quest hubs. Dude/person keeps comming back with fresh buy-a-toon (boosted) druids and repeats until they get banned again, starts new druids, gets timed out/banned, gets more druids, etc… nauseum. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Why do you think Blizzard doesn’t care?
Because they don’t ban them instantly?
They have to investigate :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It feels like sometimes players think that if someone gets banned they are gone forever. That’s not how that works, they just keep making new accounts :man_shrugging: botting is their business.

2 Likes

This isn’t just a warmode problem. There are scripted cheaters all over HP in Outlands, and as the OP states it’s DKs. Blizzard is just simply failing very hard in due diligence. It’s time to hire back a bunch of employees to get back on top of this problem.

The endless parade of DK scripted bots can be found anytime in Hellfire Peninsula. Of course, it’s cross realm so it is not isolated to one server.

Because they used to be much more professional in handling this, but that was before 800 or so employees were fired so that a certain someone could pad their nest.

I reported a couple groups of druid bots a few weeks ago and got a message from blizzard saying they had taken action against the accounts. So they do take action sometimes, but it seems like it’s just a drop in the bucket.

yaaaay…another boxing is botting thread to mute… :+1:

1 Like

I love the small wiener energy that comes from people like you that have to announce when they mute/ignore something.

4 Likes

For me, today it was a group of hunter bots spamming Barrage in a WQ area.

You can notice cheater most of the time by odd repeating movement or abilities casting pattern. I have reported people for that before. Got notification from blizzard few times by in-game mail about action taken against that account so it works I guess? Unfortunately most players don’t bother to report cheaters.

Something similar to this is going on where the lorewalkers reside at the Pandaria LFR queue. I reported them weeks ago and they’re still there :smiley: