Chat text truncation, can't open bags or loot mobs

Ever since the Shadowlands pre-patch, I’ve been having this issue where occasionally typing the letter “A” in a chat window creates a bug that truncates future text that comes after it. Typing /reload ui doesn’t do anything b/c typing “a” in this prompt truncates the text.

An issue I think is related is when the chat issue is present , I also can’t loot corpses or open my bags. The trackpad click works because I can still mount, interact with NPCs, etc. Not sure what the issue is. I’m a MAC user.

Can you try hitting the command key once when this happens to see if it clears the problem? The typing part of it sounds like part of the issue I’m having that I posted about a couple of days ago. Do you have the Command left click as right click option turned on in System > Keyboard options?

If it’s the same issue, blue replied to my post and said they’re working on it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/command-key-getting-stuck-in-wow-only-after-cmd-click-fix/686907

The chat text issue seems fixed in the 36322 build (October 20). I was having the same issue and it’s gone now.

Thanks so much for responding! It’s been a few days since I’ve logged in, but I’ll keep you updated on if the behavior continues. I read your post and I think we are having a very similar/the same issue. I do have “command left click as right click” enabled under Keyboard options. A workaround my friend suggested was to copy the letter “a” and use this to type “/reload ui” which seems to solve all of the issues for a time, but it does return randomly after a while.