Command key getting "stuck" in WoW only after cmd-click fix

So after the cmd-click issue was fixed, I’ve been having a really strange issue. Every so often (we’re talking a couple of times a minute, so often enough), my keybinds (the mount, for which I use ctrl-f, is the most easily noticed one) stop responding. There was also some strange behavior when typing into chat.

As a first step, I’ve turned off all my add-ons, and still observed the issue.

After a while, I figured out that my game was acting as if the cmd key was permanently stuck. So for example if I tried to type the letter v, I’d get the contents of my paste buffer pasted in instead. If I hit cmd once, it gets “unstuck” and everything is fine for a while. But then it happens again. I use the cmd key completely unconsciously many many times per minute, as other Mac users do in this game, so it’s impossible for me to tell what exact action prompts it to start.

I then installed a keypress app to confirm that this was not the keyboard on my computer acting up. The app (KeyCastr) confirms that no actual cmd press is happening (or is permanently stuck) when this behavior occurs. KeyCastr does show a cmd press when I turn off the behavior so it’s obviously registering actual cmd presses correctly.

Finally, this behavior goes away when I turn off the “Command left click as right click” option in System > Keyboard Options and use two-finger click instead. I think it’s fairly safe to conclude that the fix that was put in for the cmd-click issue is causing this.

I’m wondering if others have seen strange behavior like this and haven’t posted because they couldn’t figure out what they were experiencing. My next step will be to completely reinstall the client, I guess, if nobody else is seeing this.

I’m running the latest macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2).

This has been reported in-game with a link to this post.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! I’ve narrowed down the issue and a fix is in the works.

1 Like

Is this “sticky key” issue also affecting mouse buttons? I’m using macOS 10.15.7 and Logitech G HUB version: 2020.8.5950 with a Logitech G604 mouse. The key assignments work with all of the keys I need except for modifier keys (control, command, shift).

When I try to use a modifier key, the key gets toggled on until I push another modifier key. For example, if I use G9 as Control, Control will stay “pressed” until I use another modifier key like G8 bound as Command.

My wife has this exact issue - same software, OS, and mouse.

Any update as to if ‘the fix’ has been applied to the live client?
We’ve worked around it by only binding non-modifier keys to the mouse. (Numpad 1-9)

I also am seeing the issue on my Corsair K95. Driving me crazy when trying to heal in a mythic.

Ahh same issue here I feel like I’ve tried everything but I have an idea without knowing how to fix

I believe when you click a modifier key, the Mac loses “focus” on WoW and Focuses to GHub to do the mouse/modifer conversion. Once it loses focus on the wow window, because you have the modifier key clicked it becomes stuck.

Theoretically this would be fixed if you closed GHub completely so there was nowhere for the Mac to switch focus from WoW to, but if you want to use modifier keys you must have it open (on board memory doesn’t use modifier keys). So im stuck