Charity Server Blade Disappointment

Agreed. I doubt that the people answering those return tickets are robots; if you explain the issue and what you want, they’ll do their best to help.

That said, I (obviously) don’t know if they can do a replacement case; I guess the best help available all depends on how widespread the issue is (lots of forum posts could still be a relatively small number of people who bought them) and some kind of analysis from higher-ups now that the holidays are over.

1 Like

I’m imagining there are whirlwinds of e-mails between Blizzard and the service providers right now.

1 Like

That’s the same response I received.

Just received an update from Blizz, after sending them pictures of my damage a week and a bit ago.

We’re still determining what resolutions we’ll be able to offer. With the holidays, many people have been out of the office, but we hope to have an update soon! As soon as we do, we’ll add a new comment to your return. We truly appreciate your patience!

This is after receiving the email asking to wait 3-5 Business Days.

Hope to hear some good news for all of us soon. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Actually, worst case would be Blizz claiming the blades were sold as is and no refunds would be offered. I can’t imagine Blizz going this route. That they are taking time to make a decision is a good sign. Also, I suspect some of the key decision makers are on vacation until today.

Unless it actually said “as is” or something similar on the product page there wouldn’t be much of a case for it and you could still get the chargeback as long as you can prove it arrived broken.

A charge back isn’t a magical thing to get your money back with no backfires. Things could’ve gone wrong in between them shipping it and the person getting it. The delivery person should’ve mishandled it and doing a charge back on this because the guy were tossing it like a football is gonna backfire for the person doing such.

3 Likes

No, please don’t suggest that people do chargebacks. I worked in the credit card industry for 15 years and it is not something that you just do. First of all you will have to prove that the company that you purchased something from is not willing to give a refund, you would need to contact the company first. As Blizzard has already explained that they are attempting to make this right and are simply trying to figure how that will work, there is no need to do a chargeback.

Chargebacks can not only effect your credit score, but could also get you in trouble with you bank and or credit card company as they WILL do an investigation and if they find that you did not try to work with the company they will take action against you. You will also find that a company that you do a charge back against will tend to fire you as a customer and or not allow you to pay via debit or credit cards again.

We do not suggest that people do charge backs here on the CSF and would tell people to work with Blizzard.

13 Likes

have you seen any of the images?

the packaging was as expected, and the items should have been able to withstand the standard bumps/drops/falls which they’d be subjected to.
boxes have arrived with no signs of damage, but the contents didn’t survive.
the cases were poorly constructed, and the mounting was subpar.
the slightest bump has caused them to shatter.

2 Likes

I think Paants was only suggesting it as a “worst case scenario”, a last resort effort if Blizzard refused to give a refund. As I said, though, Blizzard hasn’t made an official announcement, which I’d take as a good sign that they intend to do something but simply haven’t made a final decision yet. Now that most people are back from vacations, I think it’d be reasonable to expect an announcement this week.

2 Likes

Mine arrived today, Broken. Wow seriously how poop of a job with 4 little pieces of styrofoam. All hinges were broken and 2 pieces of acrylic. Is Blizzard sending out replacements? If so my order # is 103446883

Sorry, the forums are not a point of contact. You need to go here: https://gear.blizzard.com/us/customer/account

5 Likes

I don’t think Blizzard has decided what they are going to do about the situation. There’s reason to believe they will be announcing something this week.

Would you mind sharing said reason? I haven’t seen anything in my browsing, information like that is crucial.

3 Likes

Crucial???

Yes, what information do you have that nobody else does?

You don’t make a statement like that without citations to official information from Blizzard.

7 Likes

It’s important we provide accurate and relevant information.

6 Likes

Whoa… settle down there people.

It’s in this very thread (and a couple others). Last week a Blizzard rep told a customer that they would have an update in 3-5 business days. It’s been a week since then, so well beyond that 3-5 day window. The holiday season and vacations may have pushed it back a bit. So with people coming back this week along with the earlier comment from the Blizzard rep, there’s reason to believe they should have something to announce this week. So that’s actually two reasons to believe an update is coming this week.

Not sure why that’s crucial, but there you go. Ok?

I believe it would be considered crucial to cite the basis of your speculation because the folks who purchased these items very much would like to know what will be done to help resolve the issue and what they may or may not need to do to get that resolution.

Guesswork, based on the very limited information that our Support staff has had, and been upfront about, tends to cause confusion and anxiety.

As there are other threads about the same issue, and this one is devolving into the traditional back and forth that generally happens, I’m going to lock this one up.

14 Likes