Character xferred to wrong account

This was both my fault and a bug. I went to use my last character transfer and it wanted me to pick an account – my main wasn’t available in the dropdown (no idea why) and I picked a different one. The other account doesn’t even have dragonflight and is dormant. So I screwed up but according to the transfer rules, that should not have even been a possibility for me.

Now I can’t play the character for…checks average ticket response time…17 more days?

I’m not sure how you are seeing that time, Jimtrockford. The response time is actually not an average, but reflects the oldest tickets in queue. There aren’t any even close to 17 days. The oldest is in a special queue that is currently on hold, and that is just 8 days.

I don’t believe the time displayed even looks at those queues. The normal categories are sitting at under 2 days for most of the generic issues and only a few hours for certain priority.

It does look like you used the most generic category you can for account issues, “Not listed here”. I’d recommend using “Purchase Failure”. Let them know what happened and where you intended to transfer to.

6 Likes

I really appreciate your help, Vrakthris, thank you! That time is what the in-game average was when I mouse over my ticket. I’m also glad to hear that that is off.

You’ve cheered me up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah that ticket time is notoriously off most times. As Vrak explained it is usually based on the oldest ticket in queue. I kind of have always wanted them to either change it or just get rid of it. It tends to create a lot of problems because it makes the ticket times look way worse than they usually are. :slight_smile:

6 Likes