Character transfer not working

As it says in the title, character transfer is not working. I’ve been attempting to move a character from Emerald Dream to Thunderhorn, paid for the transfer through the in-game shop and have given it about an hour at this point, yet the character still remains on Emerald Dream and the payment shows as processed.

A little help in expediting this would be nice. Thank you.

2 Likes

What does your transaction history show.

I saw a player mention a delay earlier today, it was because he had to choose a new name for his character.

Shows as completed on my end.

Is this on a different Battle.net account, Solinara? I’m not seeing any recent transactions on this account. Can you tell me the name of the character you are trying to transfer? Do you see an order number or anything?

1 Like

No, the character is on this account. I did everything through the in-game store, clicked the character I wanted to transfer, clicked the destination realm I wanted to transfer to, clicked okay, the little blue acceptance screen popped up within the in-game store screen showing it was completed.

The character I am trying to transfer is Heliosara, from the Emerald Dream server. The server I am attempting to transfer to is Thunderhorn.

Hmm, did you receive any emails confirming the transfer? Or do you have an order number of any kind? I’m looking at your account and I don’t see any recent transfers and it doesn’t look like Heliosara is locked for transfer. The last purchase I see on the account is for your subscription last week.

Are you able to log into the character? Do you see a transaction for the method of payment you used (i.e. does it show up on your bank transaction history)?

It is possible that my tools haven’t updated but I’ve never seen it happen before.

There was nothing showing up.

I just attempted to purchase another transfer on the same character, the same thing has happened. I typed in the character I wanted to transfer, the destination realm, hit okay, the blue box popped up showing confirmation.

Checking my bank statements, neither of these have apparently gone through, nor have I received any emails. I guess it’s just not going to work.

The was a LOT easier and more reliable doing it over the website. I don’t even want this character anymore as my friends on that server are no longer playing and I have no intent on staying on that server. I really just want the gold off of that character to transfer to my main on Thunderhorn and then I’m deleting her because I just prefer to play as a mage. If we could just send all mail to any character across our accounts, this would be so much easier.

Not trying to dampen spirits, but I once had a long transfer.

And then I read this:

“This service takes up to 24 hours to complete. If you log in before the transfer is complete, it may fail and your character will be locked.”

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/83440

It sounds like something is getting blocked.

Are you running any security or viral protection programs? I would try to temporarily disable those. Maybe try resetting your User Interface.

I’m afraid that is not the world we live in anymore. The changes that were made to bring the process entirely in-game were due to laws/restrictions requiring it. Sorry.

3 Likes

If I could see the transaction I would agree, that it is likely we just need to wait for it to complete processing. Unfortunately, I don’t show even failed attempts, which makes me think something is blocking Solinara’s request.

How much gold are we talking here? It might be cheaper and easier to just buy tokens to sell on the AH for gold.

I have exactly the same problem, it is first time i have tried a character transfer and will be the last this has been happening for days it shows its worked my end however i still see a transfer token when i log in

You don’t need to dig up every post about transfer problems - especially not ancient ones, Roserora.

If you are having an issue, you’ll want to pop in a ticket - being specific as to character, realm, and the exact things you are seeing.

6 Likes

ok i do that, i put here because is exactly same issue, to me it shows a problem that has not been solved so should be addressed

I was going to edit into a previous post, but here works just as well.

It is all-but-guaranteed that the issue you are experiencing is not at all related to the issues that prompted these threads in the first place.

There are numerous things that could stall a transfer, though it’s most often linked to an overlooked caged pet or heirloom item in that character’s inventory.

It’s also the last day of the holiday sale, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the system is just wildly overloaded with people getting their last minute purchases and transfers in.

5 Likes