Character Transfer From Parent's Account

Hello,

Since I was very little, I was playing on my mother’s WoW account. However fairly recently, I moved to my own battle net and paid WoW account, as I’m now an adult. (I am posting this from my account)

My mum and I have been looking in to the possibility of getting any of my character(s) moved from her account to my one, as some of them mean a lot to me (my oldest one, I’ve had since like 2009). The character transfer support article says that for a transfer to happen between bnet accounts, both must have the same account holder name. My mum thought she’d put a support ticket in to try her luck and ask anyway (since we do share many details like our surname, home address and so on)

The first ticket mum received made me optimistic, as the GM said it was definitely possible. However, they linked the article that said account names had to be the same. So mum tried to clarify whether that didn’t matter… The second response we received didn’t make much sense at all. They gave us two solutions, one that made little sense, and the second one was along the lines of: Delete my character on my mother’s account, to free up the name, recreate them and boost them to 60 on my account. Which is the opposite of what I want- I really, really do not want to lose the 13ish years I’ve put into this character. I’d rather leave them to sit dormant on my mum’s account forever if I’m not allowed to transfer them. I am aware I’ll probably lose a bunch of stuff if we do the transfer, but that’s a whole lot different to starting completely fresh.

So I would just like to know for sure, whether it is or is not possible?
Thank you!

You don’t even need help anymore if the surname is the same. She can use the paid transfer to transfer to your account.

Have her try the paid transfer and see if it works. The only issues you will run into are mail, auctions, caged pets, heirlooms, etc. You need to very carefully set the char up to be read to transfer. Read this carefully then clean up the char and have mum do a paid transfer.

3 Likes

Oh cool, thank you! That article that you linked is the same one the first GM did, and it was just the following section that made us unsure:
“To transfer a character to another Battle.net account, both accounts must be registered under the same account holder name. It is not possible to transfer a character to another person.”

But if surname is enough, that’s great. Thanks again

1 Like

Yes, that is mostly true, but they changed it lately and don’t exactly advertise that. It makes it easier for parents to migrate a child’s chars off.

What still needs a GM is if you want to move a whole license, or if the names don’t match. In that case they can still sometimes help with the right legal documents.

Fingers crossed you can sort this one out with just you and mum. Enjoy the expansion!

4 Likes