Character stuck in Limbo

Bought a server transfer to move one of my character to another server which some of my friends play on. Only problem is, server transfer is still processing with no signs of finishing. Been going for hours now, about six straight.

I’ve tried to contact live web support but… there isn’t any. The button doesn’t exist for me anymore and any time I make a ticket, the wait time is over 36 days.

If another 18 hours pass with no progress, then something is definitely up. All character services can take up to 24 hours.

Live support is not available at midnight. The ticket would be your best option at the 24-hour mark, but the time shown is simply showing how long the oldest ticket has been in the system. Most replies take less than a day or two, at last observation.

2 Likes

So if I buy something at night and it breaks, I’m SoL for another 12 hours.

Not exactly, you’d need to wait on the ticket, the ticket time estimate shown is certainly a display error.

Live chat is not 24/7.

2 Likes

Did you mail a item or gold to your toon after you bought and used the transfer? That tends to gum things up.

2 Likes

I’m not sure where you’re receiving this estimate but it’s not accurate.

We generally will request that you allow up to 24 hours for a character transfer to complete. It doesn’t always take that long, but if it does go over that then it can indicate that there is a problem. Of course, if you know the cause then open a ticket right away.

As Thundertotem mentioned, mail can stop a transfer. You cannot start a transfer if the character has mail, and so if you send mail to the character AFTER starting it then it cause cause the service to become stuck. It looks like that was the case here, your Shaman sent mail to your Mage after the transfer was initiated.

I see you did open a ticket, so please let that stay open.

A Game Master will need to cancel the service for you and provide you with a replacement transfer token. Once the transfer is canceled, you’ll be able to log in and clear your mailbox. Once the mail is clear, use the new token to start the transfer again. Make sure that you do not send any more mail to the character once the service has been initiated.

4 Likes