Character stuck dead in Tomb of Sargeras Mythic

Hello! Topic. I died by jumping off the cliff after the Desolate Host. I am now stuck in combat while dead and cannot release. I have tried everything support has suggested, including the “character stuck” service and i am still stuck dead in the instance. The buttons to release and recap are grey. I cant do anything. Please help.

1 Like

Just to be sure. You’ve tried logging out and back in. When logged in, have you tried the following command?

/script RepopMe()

1 Like

Same thing has now happened to me. I can’t do anything at all. I’ve used the unstuck service and have tried that /script you’ve mentioned. I’m not sure what to do. Getting through to blizz seems impossible. Everything I click just throws me in a circle.

I’d give a manual stuck character ticket a go if you’re still stuck after having tried the other steps.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1369/ticket

5 Likes

Note that Capitalization counts in the characters RepopMe()

3 Likes

I’d check ingame again - and put in a ticket if this is still an issue, Felnilla.

3 Likes

Oh this old chestnut. This has been randomly happening since Legion once everyone realised how much faster it is to jump off the edge and die so you can respawn at the start to get to maiden rather than hoofing it back manually.

This is not a bug that will ever be fixed. The way to avoid it is to make sure you are not in combat after the boss dies before you jump off the edge. If you are, you will get stuck as a corpse at the bottom with no way to release. The only solution is to log out and wait 15min for the raid to soft reset and spawn you at the start. Dealt with this countless times especially sure BfA Legion mog runs.

2 Likes

I also have a character stuck with this bug. Unable to resolve with in game unstuck service. Also tried the command listed above, was unsuccessful. Is there any known fix or am i just going to have to open a ticket and wait for someone to fix it?

1 Like

UPDATE: Found a fix to this. Have a friend invite you to a group, then have them log out and disband the group. Once we did this is spawned me out front of the raid alive, however the raid is still bugged saying there is an active encounter going on. At least I’m not stuck anymore!

3 Likes

The commands did not work. Part of the boss encounter was still alive, leaving me in combat. I found a way to submit a ticket (after looking forever) and it was resolved thankfully.

Could you post the category of ticket you used for others who may find this thread? Thanks!

Early in BfA this happened to me. I was in a party of 2, and this is how we dealt with it.

so they just log out and wait tell the group gets disband? do u have to log out aswell? cause im in that situation

If you are in an instance, logging out for 20 min or so will usually log your character out and free things up.

5 Likes

i logged out for 2 hrs, still stuck in the raid dead. im not in a group anymore but still says a member is in combat so i cannot release

Do you have the ability to join a group with someone else? Have you tried listing a group in group finder and then leaving it after a few minutes?

What character is it?

1 Like

yes in progress atm, somone joined the group and went to the same raid as me. issue now is all my bosses are dead but 4, all his bosses are alive so hes running through them. we do not see eachother on the map but hes going to go where my body is and try a AoE rez, we already tried having him log out as raid leader and let is disband but that never happend instead it promoted dead me as raid leader.

Dethendezot

Yeah, I’m not seeing that one as a corpse, i.e., dead.

Let me know if your friend gets there and cannot rez you.

1 Like