Character Sliders Confirmed [NO HEIGHT/WEIGHT CHANGING]

The MMO-Champion video showing off the new UI shows the sliders having tooltips specifying which option is currently selected.

3 Likes

It would nice to have a slight height adjuster, but also a width slider.

Give NB a bit more thick, or pull in a bit of belly on KT. They would become the most popular race in no time, if you could pull in the waist a bit.

haha blood elves just got served

I don’t think most of you have seen the ridiculousness of height and weight sliders before.

While 100% true, it does look nice at least.

I’m actually wondering if they’re adding thin Kul Tiran as a customization option or something.

They have Worgen and Kul Tiran disabled on the alpha at the moment, presumably because of big changes being made to their customization options and how the new UI will function for character creation purposes.

They’ve even stated that they’ve temporarily disabled both races.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-development-update-notes-april-16/490669

1 Like

I don’t recall them ever saying there would be height and weight changers. That’d be a nightmare to make sure the armor works with stretched bodies. Kul Tirans and Pandaren have it bad enough with their bellies stretching things.

1 Like

I object to the race placements.

The Horde is the more sinister faction. We should be on the left. :smiley:

Wait, why is elven creation screen is in front of orgrimmar and not a silvermoon?

I doubt that they would do full weight sliders. It does seem like they are doing something with Worgen and Kul Tirans that require that they be temporarily disabled for the alpha, though.

For Worgen, they’re most likely disabled because the new UI doesn’t currently support their unique two-form customization.

For Kul Tirans being disabled, that’s less clear. Perhaps they are separating facial scars and face options and the race is disabled because of it. Maybe they’re adding new body types for Kul Tirans, which would be a stretch but wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility.

That sounds about right for a reason to do that with KT’s

The new character creation screen doesn’t look bad but IMO it seems kinda bland. Doesn’t have the same personality to it.

Give it time they’ll polish it up. Stuff in the beta for MoP changed A LOT when I tested it. So I’m sure lots will change from alpha to beta to launch.

Sliders were said to be hard or almost impossible to implement with the current way the game is set up.

So yeah it’s just to flip through options easier.

And the missing worgen and kul tiran or whatever is just 'cause this is alpha so not everything is done and ready.

Overall I like the more updated feel of it, very clean and sleek looking.

yeah I’m not to worried. Whether it’s to my taste or not doesn’t really matter to me since the character creation layout is very low priority as far as changes or things i care about haha.

damn I was really hoping for some size slider where you could go up or down by 10% of the base model (for reference, pygmy potion is a 3% shrink per drink, growth potion is a 30% increase.)

1 Like

I would like to slide and roll a skinny Kultiran human model for sure

I’d be much more interested in adjusting weapon positions. I have so many two-handers I don’t use just because the end of it is hovering right at my shoulder.

This is cool.

The sliders need to have numbers.

1 Like