Character restoration service

When will I be able to restore characters?
Ive mistakenly deleted the wrong character.

2 Likes

I DONT KNOW WERE QALL MY CHARACTORS ARE SINCE , expanctation, i worked hard on all my toons they are mine, can you help me finmd them
\

Chances are you might have a different account. Post in the CS forum, a Mod might be able to help. Especially if you remember names and servers. Retail or Classic.

why was it taken away from the start…?

1 Like

Warbands are on the way to World of Warcraft®: The War Within™! In order to prepare all characters for the transition to the new system, which will occur during the pre-expansion content update, we will temporarily be disabling character restoration.

For those who would like to restore a previously deleted character, it is advised that you do so before the pre-expansion content update goes live. After the pre-expansion content update goes live, restoration of characters on your World of Warcraft account will be unavailable for a few weeks.

To restore a deleted character, log into World of Warcraft and click the Restore Character button on your character selection screen. Learn more from our support article. Please be aware that any characters newly deleted during the pre-expansion content period will be unable to be restored during this period.

It’s nice that you post a months old response from Blizzard but last time I checked a few weeks have passed.

It’s a response to Leppard’s question.

Blizzard needs to manually restore characters on request until they get this fixed. It is not acceptable to break a service, not fix it for months, and then not restore characters upon request. If Blizzard feels like this would put a lot of burden on their support staff (restoring characters) then they should put more resources towards fixing the automated system and until then accept the burden for them breaking a critical function of their game.

Unfortunately this option isn’t available for staff. There’s some discussion in the cs forum.

1 Like

Well, this is the same company who doesn’t refund store items and uses the excuse “it would be unfair to those that ” meanwhile ESOs customer service (for example) honors and restores ANY item in their shop. So, it’s not a lack of ability nor has anything to do with fairness - it’s a choice. They choose not to manually restore characters even though their job could allow for that if they did decide as such. And the further excuse of “it being too difficult” is just laziness.

It’s really important to remember that the people who are applying policies are not often the ones who created them.

Character restoration is a system designed by developers to allow Character restores without the need of gm intervention. It’s not part of the Shop.

Although in the past if store items were bugged and not showing, developers usually worked on fixing that.

In this case Character restoration, as far as been mentioned in customer support anyway, is still being worked on. There’s no manual bypass for gms im aware of.

Absolutely correct. Which was exactly my point when I compared WoW to ESO’s policies on returning and refunds.

Since we are throwing out random information, I would also like to throw out the excuse I get from GM responses saying it’s “out of fairness” that they can’t do refunds when it’s really just the policy the company chooses that prevents them from a refund. So since it is in fact that it is a policy that the company applies maybe share around to the GMs that they should correctly word their responses going forward instead of the excuse of fairness. :smiley:

That’s nice. What is the ETA on the character restoration they said would take a few weeks?

No response will please everyone. Keep in mind that multiple teams work on customer-facing policies and responses. It’s not just developers writing something up, there’s also community, PR, and legal teams. I think that response is quite gentle as opposed to “it’s our policy to deny this refund.” I really think that type of response would set off more people than this one, lol.

I understand the absence of this service is upsetting for you and others who may want to use it, but just like server uptime, it’s doesn’t have a 24/7/365 uptime promise in the EULA.

So why would another company be able to give full refunds to anyone, anytime for any reason on any item in their in-game shop and not another company.

Because that’s the policy their teams decided on.

Why does Walmart have a 14-day return policy on technology items and 30 days on clothing, but IKEA has a 180-day return policy on most items? Because they decided to.

1 Like

Absolutely correct. SO- wouldn’t a response from a GM saying, “because that is what our policy team decided on and we cannot give out refunds because of this policy” be better than lying and saying, 'we don’t give refunds on in game store items because out of fairness for all players we can’t give you one because we would need to give everyone one".

This is their statement of their policy.

2 Likes