Character restoration service

You’re missing the point, I believe. The response, the format it uses, how it addresses the player, how it addresses the problem or conflict in giving the player what they are asking for — all of those are “policy.” This is the same approach used at top companies (your Fortune 500s and up) across the country. If you want to make changes on that front, I recommend seeking employment on one of Blizzard’s executive teams.

Correct again! SO - it is possible for Blizzard to allow refunds on all in-game shop items like other companies because it is a choice and not because of some technical problem or inability to be fair or not fair.

Yes, we know this :joy:

The tool may not exist, because it’s their POLICY not to provide refunds on those items anyway. Unless you work on those teams, there is no way for you to make these definitive statements.

I hope this line of conversation ends since it’s not related to the character service being down, aka the topic of this thread.

2 Likes

Great! So, I hope they ask other companies for help like Zenimax Online who already have the tools available to make full refunds on their store items so Blizzard can develop better [already discovered] avenues of customer service! Thank you for your time! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

To further expound, undelete was added when gms had a very limited, unwritten rules on restores. Even then restorations were not guaranteed, and had limitations.

2 Likes

But this isn’t a store item.

Thank you for the feedback! So, any updated ETA on when we can restore characters? Or was it a typo when Blizzard said it would take weeks (since it’s been months).

two years is just 104 weeks

104 weeks is just 728 days

As volunteers, we are not part of developer conversations. When they have an update, they’ll share it in their official channels (like the post linked above).

1 Like

Its back up but still broken and freezes and crashes the game

I have been able to restore my character without any issues.

Thank you for your responses.

1 Like

ty. =)
and im impressed with the undelete now, its like 30secs to a min u have to wait.
not 7 days
have fun all

Not having fun with it cause it still broken for me almost 2 weeks since it been back up.