Character Movement in Combat

This situation just began early this morning. When I go into combat on one of my hunter (no other characters it seems), I cannot move left or right such as strafing. It seems to be a mouse issue instead of a key issue. Out of combat, no issues using a or d keys with right mouse but in it seems right mouse key isn’t working properly. So, all I do is spin in circles when pressing a or d while trying to use right mouse. I disabled all addons, no change. No updates or changes to mouse software or gaming pad. Logging out and in, no change. So, seems no issue on other characters on either servers I’m on just the one character and they all use the same addons and keybindings. There aren’t any character specific keybindings or addons.

First, try a different mouse. If that doesn’t resolve it, do a full UI reset to rule out a faulty addon or UI element.

5 Likes

Not the mouse. I tried two. Plus if it was the mouse, it would effect all my characters not just the one. I’m sure it’s not addons either as they all use the exact same ones but will look at User Interface reset.

Addons might affect different classes vastly differently. I have had an addon mess with my Hunter, but not any of my other characters. Make sure you have all your addons fully updated as well.

5 Likes
2 Likes

So, none of this works. It’s still a mouse issue in game and in combat that’s causing the issue. Just can’t use right mouse button once combat starts.

This is not solved. It has nothing to do with mounting or dismounting. It has to do with combat. I have the same exact issues on one character. Blizz please fix and not claim victory when the issue is not resolved.

Then you will want to be sure to post over in the Bug Reports forum. Devs do not come here. What was the issue a month ago was apparently solved, so your issue is likely to be something entirely new. It may be something stemming from the original issue. But posting here does not get the bug resolved, as this forum is one for players to assist other players. It is not a contact point for any staff beyond our SFAs and they do not fix bugs, nor do they relay issues along.

And too, it is always best to create a new thread when the last post is anything older than a week or two. There’ve been numerous hotfixes between now and then. That is why I emphasize what was the issue when this was posted is very unlikely to be the same you’re running into right now. Good luck to you.

5 Likes