Character is temporarily unavailable

I am unable to access this priest since the reset today. I think it has something to do with the fact that I opened a ticket regarding the fact that I have not been receiving PvP rewards. The GM said that they would send me the reward in question and that specific character is now unable to log into the game.

This message can come up when a GM is actively on your character for troubleshooting etc.

Try giving it some time and see if it clears up.

2 Likes

Do you have any idea what a general time-frame for that could be? Are we talking hours or days? It has been 2 hours so far

I wouldn’t actually know to be honest. If your ticket has already been closed, you might want to re-open it to see if maybe the GM forgot to make your character available maybe?

All good, yeah I actually did reopen my ticket. Hopefully they get to it sooner than later I was excited to play today

Just for clarification, the character should only be considered unavailable while the Game Master is actively on it. It isn’t a switch that is flipped.

Blightclub, from what I can see the work that was done happened about 2 hours ago. I don’t show any current access to the character.

Have you tried closing and reopening the client?

3 Likes

Hey Vrakthris, I very much appreciate the response. Yes I have closed the client many times as well as rebooting my PC

Weird, I think it’s still registering as online. Let me see if I can poke it.

1 Like

Thank you very much

It doesn’t look like anything I can do is helping, Blightclub. I’m not sure what happened here, but I found a few other cases and it looks like the overall issue is being looked into.

It’s not much of a comfort but it does look like you should have access to all your other characters. Hopefully this clears up shortly. I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Alright, well thanks for trying. Hopefully the GMs can address the issue soon

Edit- Just an update, I attempted to use the self-service tool to “move” my character to westfall in an attempt to resolve this bug. It seems that the character is stuck in Oribos per the character selection screen

Edit2- Just wanted to add for posterity that this issue has still not resolved itself 12 hours later, hopefully a GM can fix it whenever the ticket comes back around the queue

This message usually means that the Devs/QA are working on it. You most likely will have to wait for their work to complete before the issue is resolved.

So I am still unable to access my character after over 24 hours. The GM that responded to my ticket after 24 hours completely glossed over the issue and didnt even attempt to help. So now I have to wait another 24 hours just to get another response…really disappointed

Where Vrakthris says “It looks like the overall issues is being looked into” it means that they are working on solving the issue for all the players at one go, rather than piecemeal. It is very likely that a GM would be unable to assist. Manual fixes can cause other problems that are harder to fix, so they are only done if QA and the Devs approve of it. With an issue as new as this one it is unlikely that the GMs have approval for a manual fix yet.

1 Like

Just my luck lol. The most frustrating part is that I didn’t even ask for a paid services refund like everyone else who is experiencing this. The pvp reward system is completely broken currently, and in their attempt to refund a pvp reward they broke my character

It could also be the issue had to be sent to the development team. Not being able to see the reply as a fellow player though, that’s sadly a guess. Another guess is more tickets, if this is the case, will only illicit the same response.

2 Likes

Yeah they basically said they did the same thing that I did when I tried to use the “self service move tool”. Idk just hoping it will be fixed soon I would be less salty if I asked for a refund or something to break the game but this is 100% on blizzard. Their system is broken and then they broke my character when trying to resolve it lol

Like I know they had to push shadowlands back once already but in my initial ticket I was literally experiencing 3 bugs at once. This is my favorite expansion in the last 10 years but the QA could use some serious restaffing