Character is immortal and cannot die in Dragonflight areas

I have no idea what this is, but my character is immortal, heals to full every single time my health goes to 0. There is nothing in the combat log to indicate where this healing is coming from, and I confirmed I am 100% immortal by standing in a group of enemies for 5+ minutes.

What’s worse is that I cannot find any other reports about this and google is useless.
Is there a fix? Is my character bugged?

Here’s a video I recorded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij4DorplaL0

Here are a few others, its the prismatic blessing buff, fyi.

Non lvl 70Characters are incapable of dying in Dragon Isles - Support / Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

10-70 Leveling Guide in TWW - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

My Warlock has become immortal and cannot die - Support / Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Wha… if this is intentional then I have no words, to how bad it is. I can think of enough reasons this is a terrible idea to fill probably 3 full posts here, and NOT A SINGLE good reason for it to exist. But if it’s truly not a bug then I won’t bother. It behaves like a bug, however, and essentially makes one of the core functions of the game (health) non-functional, which has inumerable cascading effects of making other things in the game irrelevant and by extension equally non-functional (defensive cooldowns, defensive passives, every defensive stat, healing skills, the entire healer role, threat, gear progression as a whole, and countless more cascading after those) and removes any semblance of gameplay from the game as long as this “buff” is active. To be clear, this is not making 10-70 in DF “bad”, this is making it non-functional from a gameplay perspective.

This needs to be reverted/fixed ASAP, or any new player is shooting themselves in the foot by going along with DF as their leveling “choice” (it’s borderline forced if you don’t know Chromie exists).

Thank you for the response though, my objection is not to you, but to Blizzard.

I was shocked to learn this was intentional and i still can’t fathom why it is. I know that leveling isn’t what many want to do, but it’s supposed to be a learning experience. This teaches so many wrong lessons and will prepare players for nothing. And those who are already knowledgeable of the game don’t need it, or learn quickly how to exploit it.

1 Like

You’re completely right, that is one of the many, many negative aspects of this. Part of leveling is the learning experience, you’ll learn nothing in this case as a new player.
Just think about it for 1 sec, you play from 10 all the way to 69 (which will take a while for a new player learning the game), being taught that nothing matters and you can pull infinitely, then you gain a SINGLE LEVEL and boom, suddenly the very core very basic mechanic of health (and everything depending on it) suddenly starts working, it all sudenly becomes a thing, after 69 levels of non-functional combat.

I am shocked as well.

It also fails to teach you anything meaningful about your class and your abilities. You never learn to use your defensive cool downs. Your slowing or kiting abilities etc…

I’m not asking this game to be dark Souls hard, or like old school Everquest levels of painful. But like… maybe don’t treat new players like infants.

Yeah I made a video on this as well