Character friends in friend list don't appear

Since today’s patch I can’t see any character friends in my friend list.
My Bnet friends appear just fine, but every character friend, online or offline, don’t appear at all.
I know my friend list still “exists” because I’ve seen some come online in the chat message but I can’t see them or any else in the friend list ui

I tried this on different characters and tried it with and without addons. I’d appreciate if somebody else can confirm if this happens to other people too, so it’s a bug, or if this is something on my end and should start troubleshooting here or something.

Thanks!

11 Likes

I’m getting this as well. I tried with no addons and a full UI reset, and it’s still happening. I still get chat notifications when a friend comes online, but cannot see non-bnet friends in the list.

Edit: Oh, and the “Recruit a Friend” tab is now missing from the Social UI as well, and I don’t see recruited friends online either if they’re not bnet friends.

4 Likes

Ditto.

3 Likes

Likewise. Also receiving “unknown response from server” errors when attempting to add friends back by using the “add friend” button (not /friend, which does nothing).

4 Likes

I am missing my RAF tab entirely…

2 Likes

This, 100% this.

2 Likes

Initially I wasn’t able to see if any were online, only BNet friends, until I disabled some addon’s, and then it was that I could see how many, but not who was on, so I really don’t know what is going on with this…

3 Likes

Also confirming this bug.

2 Likes

I have exactly same issue

2 Likes

Had the same issue last night. Would get the chat notification that a friend’s character had logged on, but no individual characters in my friends list, just my Battle.net friends. Any character I knew was on my friends list has a different color blue font for their name / guild over their head when I look at their character in-game. So the character-only friends list is there “somewhere”, it is just not visible. This occurred across at least 3 different characters with add-ons on and off, rebooted my PC - no fix. I put in a report in game, also.

3 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

Also same issue.

1 Like

Same problem here. Been playing since 2006, Blizz please fix asap!

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

So this also seems to impact cross faction whispers. I can whisper them, they can whisper me back, but if the other faction tries to start a whisper to me while in a group it just never shows up. Have to imagine this is related to this bug?

Still can’t see anything but bnet friends.

1 Like

Same here. Seems to be affecting all servers as well. None of my toons have friends now and are very sad.

1 Like

Found a work around using addons. Get a data broker display (I use Titan Panel) and then get a an updated for 10.2.6 data broker for your friends list, stick it on your display, and you will be able to see your friends again using that. BrokerEverything is updated and the friends module included is working, showing me friends who do not show up in the Blizz friends list at the moment.

2 Likes

I have the same bug quality control has gone down the tubes.

1 Like

Do you happen to remember which addons? I’ve tried removing all mine. The problem persists.

Friends and guildmates have been playing around with this a bit. It seems intermittent. A few haven’t touched their addons and have full social tab functionality for a few hours. When they log on later or the next day, the problem appears. It can change just by logging on as a different character, too.

If I could reliably recreate it, I feel like I could productively trouble-shoot it. Any suggestions you have would be welcome.

1 Like

Don’t remember all of them but a big one was DBM

1 Like