Character boost used? But I leveled it on my own?

Trying to transfer a character on a different server but it’s telling me I used a boost, is it referring to the boost gear from the new patch? Because I leveled this character naturally

Did you by chance utilise the ‘gear update’ feature? It appears to be borrowing the nomenclature and limitations.

It should fall off after 24 hours.

1 Like

I did, didnt think it would affect it. Was hoping I could transfer immediately but 24hrs isnt too bad.

1 Like

I found out that it unfortunately does count as a boost as I used it on an allied race character I hadn’t logged into for ages and I can’t get the heritage armor now.

I was 2 levels from level 50… I am sad now.

1 Like

Oh no! I would report this in the bug forum or submit a bug in game. I don’t think this is intended.

5 Likes

It is definitely a good idea to add reports to the Bug Report forum so that our teams can get a sense how many people are impacted. That said, they are aware of the issue and our Developers are looking into it.

6 Likes

Eek! Sorry Aryalanthu. That sounds super disappointing.

Thank you for your information, and thank you for posting also to the Bug Report forum.

1 Like

Where’s the bug report thread so I can “this happened to me too” +1 it? (There’ve been so many bug reports the past couple days I’m having a hard time finding it…)

Feel free to create a new thread.

are they aware of the issue where if you use the “gear update” on a DK who was in the starter zone, their quest log is cleared, they’re ported to the city, and everyone in the city remains hostile?

it just occurred to me that i can probably use the deathgate to return to pick up the abandoned quest/s, but i’ve already logged off.

it seems like this system wasn’t tested very well :pensive:

1 Like

Search in bug reports to see and post it there if it isn’t. I’ll add this to a PSA post I made in GD, too.

4 Likes