Chaos bolts are what lava burst should be

I think the right move again would be to allow the so-called “master of the elements” to spec for a specific element of their choosing with various changes in their playstyle.

A crude example: imagine Surge of Power, Control of Lava (the PvP talent), and Icefury were on the same level talent tree row. You would have your choice of elemental specialty (aside from lightning): earth, fire, and frost. This could allow for more variation in the spec’s playstyle and make talents feel more distinct.

1 Like

While I am historically completely against any changes that would cause ele to “specialize” in a current element. My answer is always if you want a fire or frost ele go play frost or fire mage. Because we are “masters of all the elements” and should not be pigeon holes into one specific element. These proposed changes would still have the spec using the vast majority of the elements without completely being reliant on one element for all the dmg.

If you changed SoP to a PVP talent and brought back high voltage: chance for mastery to proc a second LB or CL at 50% chance of your current mastery. Basically if you have 50% mastery High Voltage would have a 25% for a second mastery proc.

An EotE/MotE/CL(Control Lava)/Asc with IP x3 could be an extremely strong ST build when little movement is required.

A standard IF build when more complexity and frost shock rotation is sought after as well as high mobility fights.

Also a more lightning bolt oriented build as we had at the beginning of BFA. Where mastery would be more rewarding while running an EleBl/SE/HV/UP. You could hit higher hastes with less stats by stacking mastery which has a significant coefficient for stacking then go full crit/vers.

Just bake PE into ele baseline. Being able to only have one empowered elemental out would be off putting to some shamans, however I think it would be fitting and add to the complexity by adding a risk vs reward aspect

I really think those 3 talent options would greatly diversify the spec without being a change to just make LvB spammable.

Off topic: I would like to see them remove the reduced 1/3 chance for CL to overload. Would buff air dmg for ele in those odd areas (3-5 targets) where ele has a bit of ramp up in dmg.

Yeah I think Earth Shock should be more of a short (like 2 sec) disorient effect and minimal damage.