Changing weapons while in combat?EDIT

Do you even wow bro? Let me guess. You died with the fishing pole equipped? Lol

1 Like

Could always do this.

Can’t change armor, but can change weapons and trinkets (30 sec cd on their on-use abilities I believe) in combat.

They changed the weapon swapping sometime in TBC. Healers would use one weapon with a Spellsurge, then on proc switch to another w/ just +healing on it.

I was working on getting my 2nd weapon when they fixed this.

Guys I’m 100% sure that this wasn’t a thing in 2005 when I started.
Maybe it started in TBC and I never noticed it, but 100% it wasn’t a thing when I started in October 2005.

Can you prove it?

You’re wrong about it not starting up til TBC.

Here’s a patch note from 1.7
“When you swap weapons in combat, you start your swing again, instead of continuing your last swing.”

Seems like its been in the game for a bit.

Well you’re 100% wrong

On what? O.o

This was always a thing.

Yes, it was.

Not trinkets. Just weapons.

You’re right. We we’re just retarded cavemen back in 2004. It’s surprising we even knew how to tie our shoes.

Todays gamers are so elite and awesome. It’s truly amazing how far we’ve come.

1 Like

If you think you haven’t evolved in 15 years then maybe you haven’t. And that’s sad :frowning:

That’s a big leap from “people didn’t know how basic macros worked in 2004/2005”. Not even sure what you’re trying to argue at this point.

I guarantee that players, were min/maxing just as much then as they are now. To think gamers were any less serious just because games had worse graphics is dumb.

It was there in 2005. I had a macro that would switch to 2hander auto for overpower procs and when using retaliation.

You’re picking a fight for no reason and you’ve also misinterpreted both messages. I’m disengaging.

@OP’s edit:

How is being able to use more of your abilities a bad thing?

This really seems like a reply to your original post, and thus in violation of article 7 section 6 Hikus is done replying when he makes a post.

… Just because people pointed out that you may have been mis remembering something, doesn’t mean you should just say “iTs a BaD tHiNg”.

Yeah, well, that’s just like your opinion, man. Weapon swapping is very important for warriors and feral druids for two examples off the top of my head.

you could do this in 2005… i had an ambush crit rogue. that would switch to maces to stun

Yeah, definitely was a thing in Classic. Now the way I used it was taken away in later expansions.

When I was a Feral Druid, during a healing touch cast, I’d swap weapons for bigger heals, and swap back after I shapeshifted.