Changes to Purchasable Game Time Options

Wow wait a second. Month to month options are leaving? That’s one of the worst decisions from a player side I’ve seen in a long time.

5 Likes

And you can still freely buy 1 month at a time.
The bulk thing i agree with, that is dumb, but so was the fact you could buy in bulk
It made converting tokens into time a pitfall

Someone who did not think about it would buy 6 tokens, then convert them into wow time, without realizing if they converted them into balance THEN bought time they would get extra bang for their buck.
While cool it punished players who used tokens without thinking about how to “metagame it”

I do think they could have done something MUCH better, like have this, but every X months you buy using gametime, you get an extra month free, that way nothing changes if you buy 1 month, or if you buy 10 at once.

I agree the removal of the 6 month is stupid, but the amount of peoples complaints about “not being able to buy 1 month anymore!” is dumb, as there is multiple ways to buy 1 month.

Felplague, this is where you are wrong and will always be wrong. The main point is they just took our choices away and how we use them. Nobody wants to depend on a good wow month of gold being low to buy that wow token when they may not have it. Nobody should have to depend on buying a wow token for that 120-135k when they may need it for something but have the 15 dollars to spare for 1 month.

Yes I could go buy a wow token for that then be broke in game but not I can’t do what I want to do in game because I have to farm that gold back 1 way or another. For the response of you can get that easily. Some people don’t want to spend their days playing the AH or farming things since the AH is slowly decaying due to 41% maybe a lot more player base unsubbing. Then you have people overpricing all the stuff so therefore your gold is gone if you need that stuff to advance.

Buying option s with this change is

20$ Token- current Gold value market based on Blizzard
135k Gold- Current Value for a Token.
29.99$- 2 Mopnths Blizzard Game time.

They are basically forcing you to spend 5 more dollars for that 1 month sub time.

6 Likes

l0l /10chars

That teenager can ALSO go to the store and buy a pre-paid creidt card, and use that credit card to buy their sub time, like i used to before i got a job that paid actual money.

Gotta artificially inflate those sagging sub numbers some how, I guess.

1 Like

This is an anti-consumer measure in a time you’re not exactly overflowing with consumers, Blizzard.

This ain’t gonna go well.

3 Likes

Wow this is a blatant attempt to get more money for nothing. Are you serious here blizzard? More money from those who would only subscribe for a couple non-sequential months, more money from those who purchased longer subs for a discount. Actually disgusting. It’s even 1 cent more expensive than subbing for 30 days two months in a row.

4 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA You guys are ACTUALLY taking a page out of the adult website playbook of “get them to subscribe then make it a hassle to cancel”??? Guess you’re banking on people being forgetful/lazy/busy to do so huh? And all I ever heard for years from the useless shills and brown-nosers, sorry “green-posters” was that Blizzard is in no way, shape, or, fashion being influenced by Activision whatsoever. Yeah, riiiiiight

6 Likes

You know you can buy MULTIPLE wow tokens during a single month right? and either use them as you wish, or just keep them in your bag to use whenever you want.

Blizzard stays taking Ls

1 Like

Go the hell away you worthless shill.

13 Likes

you can still subscriber normally dude, you can still buy 1 month, 3 month, and 6 months subs perfectly fine.

I’m a bit confused by this change, but I’m sure there’s more to than we realize.

It looks like an attempt of economic warfare against botters and gold sellers.

no, yo ucan still buy month to month, as long as you use the sub option, or wow token option.

you keep repeating yourself but I broke down that why would people want to depend on in game gold value or pay 5 dollars more for that token for the 1 month.

1 Like

yeah, you can buy all the tokens you want when its cheap, then just hold them in your bags till you are ready to play.

yes because you were speaking about people using tokens and not being able to buy 1 month.

if people want only 1 month of time, there is multiple ways to only get 1 month, through the wow token, or by the recurring sub, yes less options are lame, but its not the doomsday scenario people are making it to be.

Not everyone has bank cards or credit cards, and you can’t use Bnet balance to set up a reoccurring sub.

1 Like
  1. true, but you can buy pre-paid versions of those at pretty much any drugstore
  2. how did you get that bnet balance? if from the wow token, then why didnt you just convert the wow token into time instead of balance?