Changes to Purchasable Game Time Options

The fact that many here claim using a credit card makes you an adult is very immature thinking.

5 Likes

Doesn’t matter if you delete my post or not. It is still a stupid change in a long line of stupid decisions and changes. Shows how tone deaf and out of touch with your player base you are.

1 Like

Good luck doing this in a country where prepaid cards are not an option.

3 Likes

The 180 days offers a discount. Which means, you spend less and keep more of the Bnet balance from said tokens.

4 Likes

This is an outage!
I am never playing this game again…until I get home from werk a bit later on today.

2 Likes

I mean being an adult literally REQUIRES you to have a debit card, what human does not have a bank account? and these days most banks have built in credit cards into their debit cards. i know for example i pay for wow using my debit card.

But idk why you are saying that to me, cause i wasnt the one who said “Yo uare not an adult if you dont have a credit card”

I’m usually pretty quiet, but this is not a positive change. Why does the management team keep making all of these questionable changes? Do you want us all to quit? Big oof.

2 Likes

what country does not have pre-paid credit cards?

This is just weird. Obviously it’s not made for the players’ benefit.

3 Likes

true, and i agree it is dumb they removed that, but most peoples complaints here are “they are forcing us to sub for 2 months when we used to be able to sub for only 1!!”
Which is not true.

Useless in that it provides nothing but obstacles for players. If I can achieve the same result just by subbing and canceling, then it’s useless for us.
The only thing it does show is just how out of touch they seem to be.

1 Like

After about 5 minutes of thinking about this all I can come up with is they want more people to sub…and forget to cancel.

3 Likes

I know people that still have checking accounts. My newest debit card doesn’t have a credit option (for some reason). I don’t like credit cards personally. I think the credit industry and all it entails (credit scores) is a scam.

This kind of has the same smell:

How is a teenager supposed to get a pre-paid card without a job that pays “actual” money?

The implication that the only people against this must be immature people who don’t have a good enough job is just not high thought. Everyone has different reasons for something they like or dislike.

4 Likes

You guys will still sub or FIND A WAY to play wow not sure why most of you are complaining.

As there has been some confusion, I wanted to backup what you said.

The pricing for the purchase of both WoW subscriptions and WoW Tokens will remain unaffected. Details and options for these items can be found here:

This change is specifically in regards to game time which can be found here: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-game-time

6 Likes

Please revert the change.

I don’t think it’s possible for me to overstate just how much I dislike this change.

13 Likes

This is exactly why people are worried.

Why take away options right now? People are subbing to this game more in 1 month or 3 months of game time. They had the freedom to purchase without being involved in a sub.

Could you please tell us why you want to take away really good stuff?

11 Likes

No confusion. We’re aware that this is a consumer unfriendly practice where we can no longer gift 30 days to people or buy 30 days of game time.

Are you allowed to offer the reason why this is happening instead? Right now all I see is fewer options = more chance for sub skimming and people in game less accidentally because they’re buying more game time when they can’t use all of it.

23 Likes

That’s a very narrow minded worldview.

3 Likes

“actual money” as in money that came into my bank account, instead of into my hands, money that was taxed and tracked instead of under the table.

Also i still have my checking account, but my debit and everyone i know’s debit is also a credit card.