Changes to Purchasable Game Time Options

Yea, I’ma just put you on ignore. I’m so glad they brought that feature back.

7 Likes

For people who say just use Gold or Tokens. Why would I want to depend on the gold market to be low to buy my tokens. That means for example I would have to farm 120k gold in an already dieing AH market due to subscriber base and server manipulations then if I do not have enough pay 20$ on top of that to buy the rest of my gold to use WoW’s in gamer currency. There will be some people who have millions of gold but then I can argue that WoW is catering to its High economy class over its player base and treating this like Real life Politics.

1 Like

and you can buy 1 month of time, right there, as you just said, you arnt FORCED to change it into balance, you can right there, buy a month.

Felplague more like Shillplague

20 Likes

Have to say I am totally against this change. The only reason I had 6 months paid up was because of a Christmas gift of extra funds. I am a month to month normally due to being disabled on SSI and some months I may have to not play to take care of an un accounted for bill. IMHO I find this is a terrible decision not one asked for. I do hope you will reconsider this action.

8 Likes

Right, but their point was that buying 180 days of game time on the store with balance had a discounted rate.

Essentially buy 5 months get 1 free.

That seems to be gone now.

4 Likes

Were too many people already paying for 180 days at a time? Too many people buying 30-day cards at their local brick-and-mortar? Too many people automatically getting the freebie when you offer a little something extra with a 180-day purchase? From a customer stance, I really don’t see how any of us were supposed to take this well.

1 Like

Except peoples complaints have nothing to do with that, look at all the complaints here, the people are mad they are “FORCED TO BUY 2 MONTHS WHEN THEY ONLY WANT 1!”

More like: buy 6 months180 days, get just over $12 of battle.net balance for “free”.
[Since 6 tokens converts to 180 days or $90 in balance, but the old 180-day token cost $77.94]

I think there are multiple complaints here.

Some people want to buy 1 month at a time, others want the discount for buying in bulk.

6 Likes

This is NOT cool. Tell corporate where they can shove their money. Did they not make enough profit before and after laying off tons of your employees?

The day will come when it’s time to do away with the 1%-ers. It needs to happen sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

That’s not how tokens work. Tokens are bought with gold or for gold. Buying a $20 token means you’re buying gold, not game time.

1 Like

I don’t like them doing this, but if this is a “stress” you should be cancelling your sub. Nobody should be stressing about a video game unless they stream and make money from it.

Por que no los dos?

(Why not both?)

…no, really. I liked buying time at a better rate for myself, and gifting single months to friends.

Being a (modestly) successful AH goblin lets you do that.

3 Likes

nothing is changing about brick and mortar shops.
Especially since 30 day sub cards have not been around in like 10 years, brick and mortar shops have only had 60 day cards forever now.

Um, yeah, because I can plan 1 month a heck of a lot easier than 2.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, how they get the cash, and how much anyone has on hand at any given moment, varies on the person and their life.

A 14 year old who gets paid cash by the neighbor to mow the lawn isn’t likely to have a bank account and debit or credit card to set up a recurring sub, but said teenager can go to the store with cash and get enough b.net balance to get one month of WoW. There’s a lot more reasons why players all around the world might not have access to a recurring subscription.
Setting up a recurring subscription, even to cancel it, requires certain conditions, and one of them is that it can’t be done with b.net balance.

You can buy WoW tokens for one moth at a time, but they’re $5 more, and it may not seem like it, but five dollars can make a big difference in some peoples lives.

It’s less that people are lazy, and more that this is a strange change that will do more harm than good for the players accessing the game.

16 Likes

I suppose people who want 1 month can buy a token with gold and then just sit on it until they are ready to use it, then convert to 1 month game time.

1 Like

I’ve been passing out all the likes. Hopefully I don’t run out for awhile. I’ll be back later to see what other good arguments against this change surface up and toss some :heart: your way!

3 Likes

I’d rather use my gold on in-game stuff, I’m not on the AH enough to use my gold for game time.