Changes to Purchasable Game Time Options

The only ones this affects 99% is the people like me who got them in 30 day increments.

If you have the money for 180 days, chances are you aren’t paying with Blizzard Balance.

In which case, just buy a 180 day subscription, then immediately cancel. Voila.

yes? but where are you getting this balance?
From your credit card? why wouldnt you use this credit card to buy a reaccuring sub then?

Seems like Activision absorbs a bit of Blizzard’s soul every year that passes.

Very sad to see.

2 Likes

Whoa. That is literally none of your business.

People, please do not feel compelled to answer that.

8 Likes

How do you buy game time now?

I AM paying with battle.net balance.

I liked getting game time for cheaper than the usual rate of $15, cause it meant I’d have some battle.net balance left over after converting 6 WoW tokens (bought with gold) to balance.

2 Likes

Pay $30 and get 2 months.

You go to the store with $15 in cash. You want to buy some tomatoes.

You’re told upon entering that, if you’re paying with cash, you can only buy $30 worth of tomatoes. If you pay with credit card, then you can buy $15 worth of tomatoes.
Now, that $30 worth of tomatoes will in fact, net you twice the amount of tomatoes that the $15 would, but you really don’t have time to use all of those tomatoes, and paying for double the amount of tomatoes isn’t really ideal, since half of them would go to waste, plus, at the moment, you have $15 cash, not card, not $30 cash, just $15 in cash to buy tomatoes. That’s it. You don’t have a card on hand.

The problem here isn’t that people don’t want to use the subscribe option, it’s that the subscribe option is literally not a possibility for some people, for multiple different life circumstances. Some people use paypal balance. Some people add blizzard balance via cash card purchases.

“Just subscribe and then cancel it,” is not an option for some people.

36 Likes

I use a credit card but I don’t want auto-renew. Why? I might get called to travel out of state at anytime and would rather lose as little pre-paid time as possible.

6 Likes

Yeah go f*ck yourselves Blizzard. I should have gave up on this company years ago. You died once you went to Activision and now they are really killing you. I hope Dreamhaven destroys you and Activison.

7 Likes

Its mostly the point of they took away our options. Why would I want to depends on how a FLUCUATING Gold value instead of the flat rat which is 20 bucks for the wow token in real money instead of the 15 for WoW be my baseline for spending money or being what is avilable.

2 Likes

So how are these people getting cash in the first place?

Are they buyying 15 dollars of tomatos, then selling then for 15$?
Cause it seems like they are.

You can stil freely buy wow tokens for 1 month of wow time

That’s not nice.

1 Like

Ok, I have been known to be a bit of a jokester and at times a bit of a smart@$$ on these forums, but for once truly I am being serious when I say “Why? Really, why do this, and what the hell were you thinking. Why ‘remove’ options?”

I probably already know the answer, but I wanted my take out there for others to see.

3 Likes

When you buy a token with gold, you have the option to credit your account with 1 month of game time or $15 balance

Because it’s none of your business how people buy game time.

And you literally brought up the most important thing - Gift Cards.

Now if someone goes and buys a $15-20 Blizzard Balance gift card for their WoW playing friend/family member, it’s useless to them for game time.

12 Likes

Hey so, whatever your reason is? This ain’t a good look.

2 Likes

no it aint, you can still buy a wow token, and use it if you really want.
nevermind the fact they are likely going to change up their bnet balance cards.

And also you know they sell phsyical wow sub time cards at the store right?

yeah i was rather rude, it seemed like a extremly weird comment so i went back to edit, couldnt, so i just deleted it, was abit taken back by the “why would you ask me that, no one answer that” to such a simple question.

no reasons given?

why change all of a sudden?

puts on thinking cap
nope still nothing.

its not a big deal but im starting to stack all these little things together and ill get a mountain one day :wink:

1 Like