Changes to Korrak's Revenge

This change really sucks. I didn’t get in on the wolf turn-ins and now I have to slog through the actual event if I want the mount.

These posts make me so happy.

So many people who are uninterested in the Event’s PVP to slaughter.

I got my mount last night after 13 games. I don’t loot often either since I’m on D most of the time. It wasn’t bad at all and better since they adjusted it for winning and losing.

Blizz, please make the armor scraps turn-in repeats give TW badges again. Allows people to accrue badges throughout the match and it actually is part of PvP (killing enemy players).

One advantage of once daily scraps is that players ease up on aggressive looting after getting their first 20, leaving room for other players to get theirs.

I’ve experienced both the pro and the con in different instances. Sometimes I’m able to loot about as much as seems fair, but other times I feel completely shut out. The former is fun and something you’d want to keep going with, while the latter is not fun at all.

It’s not like you can’t get the daily even with the excessive looting. Just get the NPCs. Even as a healer, I can manage at least 20 for the quest.

These change’s have made the BG worse. It’s become just like retail AV with a straight zerg to the other base and no one attempting to actually play the BG.

6 Likes

This has been my experience as well.
Last week people spending all of their time in the mines seemed worthless looking back it was much more fun as people were actually vying for Towers and GYs, summoning the boss mobs, killing Balinda etc. Now it is exactly the same as retail. I’m glad I got to experience before the fixes kind of ruined it.

3 Likes

Not even a week or two before the incompetent Blizz devs caved to players who don’t want to actually play and ruined AV all over again.

4 Likes

Honestly, not worth the time or the aggravation for a mount

You know, it was nice to actually see the Ground Troops and Mount Troops for once. (You even buffed the Ground Troops, iirc.) With these nerfs, you won’t see them, which is really a shame, as they can actually really help out!

1 Like

I haven’t seen much difference in the games and I am way past achieving the mount. The only thing that has changed is that commandos are slightly harder to achieve (because there are fewer people in the mines) but otherwise I’m still seeing troop upgrades, ultimate units etc. and my games are going on for an hour or more. What are other people seeing?

1 Like

I had one that went long again but generally what I have seen is the long standing retail startegy i.e. blow past the opposing faction and speed kill bunkers, towers then boss.

2 Likes

head to desk So, in other words…we want this AV event to be just another flat out afk exp grind for players?
You need to ADD incentives not take them out. Triggering ram riders should award some massive exp hit, or badge to the end of match bonus, or global gold. same for every other thing that people rarely see (Superboss, Air units, ram riders, Maxed unit upgrades).
Or better yet, so this doesn’t get abused by people who don’t really do any work, if a AV BG manages to get certain set events done, it resets their dalies for those events, encouraging them to do them again in the next BG.

I am sick to death of people looting things but then refusing to ever turn them in because they have no reason to.

1 Like

They are unintelligent incompetent garbage.

I refuse to believe that the original creators of AV were all present when Blizzard neutered that work of art around 2007.

On the other hand, it is hard to dump all the blame on developers when most of the player base are two-second-attention-span Millennial philistines who don’t appreciate the work of art that original AV was.

I had already gotten past my grief over the death of the best content WoW ever had when Blizzard decided to open old wounds with the announcement of Classic, giving me hope the the only good AV would come back, but then they spat in that wound by deciding to use the incontrovertibly indefensible 1.12 patch.

Then they dug up original AV to put on display for this event, which was wondrous for a brief moment - until they made that corpse dance around like the clown that current retail AV is.

Blizz devs, why are you so bad at your jobs?

1 Like

I loved the first week. But this isn’t Classic AV any longer. The changes to Korrak’s Revenge has turned it into the retail version of zerg to the other faction’s boss.

5 Likes

Out of 97 Korrak’s revenge I’ve been in on just one character, alliance won 15. Even we go straight race, Alliance has to fight most of the NPCs in their base when horde can avoid most of ours, and bypass the bridge by going in the back way.

This horde bias is atrocious.

3 Likes

I keep waiting for the day that blizzard realizes a fix requires sitting down and thinking and not just making blanket changes.
I dont think it was wrong to nerf mines handins. at the very list put a limit to how many hand ins can be done per match, or something along those lines.

But there was no reason to nerf things like armor scraps. It killed any reason to actually pvp.

1 Like

i leveled a horde hunter from 112-120 in the BG and had the mount after 6 matches, i was in groups that worked together, and groups that were horrid, average time was about an hour each match.

currently leveling an ally druid from 112-120 (119 currently at about 8 matches) and have had good fortune sunday to be in aggressive Ally groups, that pushed hard to the boss. matches are similar to horde experience, with more losses sprinkled in.

I haven’t seen much of a difference either. Definitely still summoning Ivus and all of that.