Changes to Korrak's Revenge

The sheer fact this current Dev team couldn’t see this happening speaks volumes of their ability to develop this game.

2 Likes

Mate… who are you kidding… these Devs have NFI.
You’re talking to a brickwall that can only reply with a “errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggg?”

So you’ve taken out the 1 badge reward for turning in armor scraps. This was the ONLY thing that made this BG worth playing, to grind for the mount. It’s not like players could be lazy and goto the mines all day, or grab a bunch of rams. Players actually had to battle, and loot the corpses, to get the scraps. This was especially good, since at least 80% of the instances we get into, are already in progress, with no other way of getting badges. So, 10 per day means SO many people will do their ram, do their mine, and loot just ONE corpse, and get their twenty armor scraps, do the turn in, and leave and wait until tomorrow to do it again, rather than oh, you know, PVP’ing for the scraps to turn in. And here in the forum boards, most of the legitimate complaints, about this event, are about the revolving door of people coming and going, ruining the instance.

3 Likes

As true as that is, the one thing that bothered me about Old AV is Horde never had any elite npcs guarding their towers, where Alliance did, not to mention like 30 npcs between stone and icewing bunkers…

Good lord, this right here.

It’s amazing that the bg where a certain faction cries constantly about how it has some sort of inherent bias toward Alliance because of spawn location, can manage to get to this thing ahead of us every single time.

Even if I’m the first person mounted and take corners as close as possible to not get caught, and I’m still at the base of the trail up when the entire horde team has already capped the flag and has a timer counting down.

I’m fine with PvP being a little unbalanced, that happens. There’s no way to make it perfect and counters and whatever; but when they can physically arrive there faster and have the entire 40man there before even the first Alliance gets within 50 yards of it? That’s…

There’s something wrong with that, right there. And don’t give me that ‘he spawns after 2 minutes’ now, because that just means Horde has enough time to pick off anyone trying to ascend, then casually kill Korrak as we run back from our GY.

5 Likes

One suggestion: Add a daily conquest reward for those of us that already completed the mount quest and still enjoy the event, but also want to earn a little extra for the weekly conquest cap.

3 Likes

Agreed! Every turn-in quest should give a badge/progress reward.

I’m glad to see the changes, especially the increased badge/progress rewards for wins/losses.

Please give the folks there just for the mount as much progress as they can get each BG. It’ll weed out the folks there just for the mount who are now crying “Let them win, it’s faster!”. The last thing we need in this specific version of AV are the players who are there to speed grind. This is our only opportunity in BfA to enjoy the old AV as a truly epic BG. The current BfA version of AV exists for folks who just rush the boss or wait out resources for rewards.

Keep Alterac Valley of Olde, Olde!

1 Like

I only got badges for the first turn-in but was able to continue turning in scraps etc for progress toward upgrades and such.

Seeing this post hurts my soul.

NPCs having a lot of health and doing a lot of damage is the number one reason original AV was so good.

Nerfing the NPCs is why current AV is garbage.

Strong NPCs slow both sides down and allow front lines to form and a battle to ensue.

It’s glorious, and it’s the best content in any video game I have ever played.

If you disagree you have no taste. If you are in the KRAV just to get the mount (for what? so you can sit in [Capital City] and be admired by countless others who also have the mount?) then you are playing for the wrong reason.

The players and what I assume are lesser-quality devs than the original developers of AV ruined that bg, and we can’t have it revived in almost all its old glory for even a week before players want to ruin it again because they can’t appreciate what it is.

It’s so disheartening.

PS If you want to know how to do all the stuff you need to do in KRAV then watch this video:

Edit: Added timestamps to direct you immediately to stuff like Wolf Riders and wing commanders, etc. See the description.

4 Likes

Keep KRAV Olde!

1 Like

Life is what one makes of it.
The people who are able to put time in are rewarded, those who can’t don’t get a reward. Simple.

Just stop with this nonsense already.

Everyone “has a life”. This event will be going on until January.

I have done the BG maybe 3 times…I have about 109 badges. I am sure that sometime over the course of the next 2 months I’ll be able to get 91 more of them.

The matches don’t take 2+ hours generally, but they are not short. When you have an hour or so to spend, queue up. When you don’t, don’t. It’s that simple. It’s not like they only gave us a week to complete this.

1 Like

The problem with looting corpses and getting rewarded for it was actually, and still is, a problem.
I’ve seen it multiple times where a player wouldn’t even bother casting or attacking a player, s/he just hovered near the front of the pack and when an enemy was about to die, race over to the corpse to loot it.

Ninja looting is rife again.

Can I ask why people are so desirous of these badges?

I just spent some of mine on heirloom gear, but outside of that I’m not sure what’s exciting? (I should add I’m not actually sure how I got as many badges as I had and don’t plan to farm them in the future either.)

1 Like

Just want to say first that your post made me lol but in a good way.

Personally I hated doing the mount grind (on alliance side, of course, haha). Teams were kinda crap in the beginning so I did a bit of rams, a bit of mines, and mostly armor scrap turn ins - it probably took about 6 games total to finish, where a couple were good fun wins to boot!

If I don my ‘wear others’ shoes’ hat, I can slightly sympathize with PvE folks until I remember most every other aspect of the game is easier and more rewarding for them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, like others have mentioned the mounts are quite unattractive, especially the horde one. lol

well thats retarded…

1 Like

In my opinion Blizzard went too far with the repeatable reward turn-ins. It would be much better if the ARMOUR Scrap turn in was retained and maybe doubled so most people are focused on the main purpose of the battle instead of side quests. Now I see a group going for the side quest for the Orb that only one person can loot and that goes through a lot of hard hitting trolls (across the bridge at Snowfall GY). So now even more people are leaving the main line of the battle and bringing a ton of trolls back for others to kill for them, and then their NPC dies anyway so a total waste for all concerned.

2 Likes

The problem with the guards isn’t their hp. It’s the incredibly high respawn rate.

Yeah this was a bit annoying, a pvp “bg” but nobody willing to pvp or kill vann.

This post just signals lack of knowledge, though. Killing the captains removes all of the respawns for the majority of ‘trash mobs’ in AV.

2 Likes