Changes to Korrak's Revenge

Except other bgs don’t count towards the mount…

1 Like

Timewarped bagels are like day-old bread though.

Mages make good cakes though, right? We can trust them with bagels, surely.

So a very small minority saying they won’t queue will leave it open for the people that have been dying to have this version of AV back for years? Sounds good to me.

4 Likes

But… I need that +1 on my mount collection tab so that my dopamine receptors go off otherwise I’ll be depressed. My life revolves around getting numbers on achievements.

You really think I’m playing this game to enjoy the gameplay!??!?

How bout making the mount a random drop on a players body? It’s a thought.

Please no, last thing I want is tons of gnomes chasing me all around AV. Horde will laugh at me for being killed by gnomes.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this change. I did the grind for the mount and got it on the second day, but this was needed. I’ll probably actually queue up some more for it now that half the raid won’t just be in a mine the entire game.

Yeah, not even close to that dude. Nice try though.

Ive only had one game last close to that long, most of my Oorrak’s revenge experiences have been ~45 minutes to maybe an hour.

Not saying 3 hour games dont happen, but thet sure as heck are not common.

Any reason that most game design shouldn’t involve checking both boxes? Players are right to complain when these two elements are in conflict with each other.

I haven’t played in game yet so I can’t say what I think of the changes, but I am glad that Blizzard was listening and saw that iteration was called for.

From some of the complaining in chat I had to think twice about that comment as I can believe it for some people.

The constant let them win with more complaining if people continue trying to win. Been too much of a conflict of interest between the people that have been wanting to actually play an old AV vs those that want to mount and nothing else.

1 Like

I wasn’t disagreeing with the changes Blizzard made. In fact I feel they were a good idea.

Played new korraks. Really like the changes but the armor scraps and other turn ins from looting players need to be kept as repeatable instead of daily. Armor scraps promotes pvp and you won’t feel screwed over being in a long drawn out match because you can still turn in scraps.

4 Likes

1000% :+1:

2 Likes

Disagree with the changes. I think the “problem” would have solved itself on its own after people farmed the mount.

Why change the armor scraps quest though? That one promoted pvp via looting insignias. Doesn’t make any sense. Poorly thought out “fix”

6 Likes

I’ll miss the scraps too but it’s not like they were perfect. The highly competitive “one looter only” policy meant that in many cases players would stop fighting and start clicking even when the enemy was still alive.

The other issue pertains to the frequent case, least for alliance and for those who don’t reroll for fresh instances, of being zoned into a late game situation where the scraps NPC was dead.

They didn’t need to do any of these mechanics manipulations. They should’ve made the mount something really simple like collect 100 HKs while in the AV (which could happen easily even for PVErs as bystanders) so no one would need to alter their playstyle around the mount and the BG could proceed as designed.

2 Likes

Kinda happy I got my mount before this change this is not good for the guy who works 50+ hour weeks and gets 3 hours maybe some nights to play.

1 Like

Supposedly the mount is “hard to get” (according to the forums)? I literally started from 0% progress last night and I’m already done :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Maybe inexperienced PvE’ers just don’t know how to play the bg very well? Might be why their matches supposedly go on “for hours”. I think the longest game I was in was like 1 hour 10 minutes or somewhere around there. Average game seemed to go 40-ish minutes.

Anyways, glad to be done with it. It pays to know how to actually play the bg, makes the games go so much faster :+1:

2 Likes

You guys consider maybe moving Korrak’s spawn to the middle of the field so that it is actually balanced on who can tag him? Currently the Horde will get this mob 90% of the time due to it being much closer to their spawn and in a spot that gives them height advantage.

2 Likes

So you decided making it take 3 times as long to get the mount on Alliance wasn’t good enough and you needed to make it take 10 times as long for Alliance to get the mount.

2 Likes