Changes to Korrak's Revenge

Yeah, I think having to go all the way back to the base is annoying, and you lose them once the match is over, but I mean… that part is more like classic AV. I’m trying to choose my battles here.

Yes, but Classic AV lasted stupidly longer than these matches, and therefore you had reasons to do the turnins to get a boost to your side or NPCs helping you. The rewards were the AV marks that you would only get from a win or loss (and it was a terrible, awful, system, but it was 1.X so people tend to excuse it).

You have nothing to gain here but the badges for the one-time event. You’re not encouraged to PvP at all when PvPing will take significantly more time and effort when you can just do the bare minimum for 20d or a tiny amount of PvP for 10d (if Horde, you can do 2x for 5d).

If anything this will also encourage more people to hide in plain sight and AFK for additional free badges for no work. This change is both good for those who don’t want to do the event and bad for those wanting to get it done as quickly as possible. They really should revert the ram/wolf badges to 5 per turnin and also drastically increase the amount of max animals they can hold. Once people get their event done, they’ll stop coming and inflating the people in the event not doing PvP, so the ones who actually want to PvP aren’t affected as much.

Yeah, this shouldn’t be happening. Kill merc mode for this or make the dailies only once per character.

And I disagree on the armor scraps being a problem. It wouldn’t really be much different from now.

An ideal system would reward badges similar to earning honor, but I doubt we’d get that right now.

1 Like

Can you please talk to us about pvp gearing next expansion.

1 Like

I already have my mount. But, these changes make me want to step back on to the battlefield.

2 Likes

I remember timing the turnins to get npc reinforcements at just the right moment to coincide with your push

You would get wolfriders and icelord to take mid and push to the bridge

Is it still going to be here after weekly reset?! (11/12/2019)

No, you either didn’t play the original AV or you don’t remember accurately. Sorry bud

1 Like

You think people wanting the mount are going to hang out for 3-4 hours for 10-20 badges?

All this will do is increase queue times as mount collectors get thwir Dailies on once and then leave until the next day.

I mean, that’s what I’d do if I hadn’t already completed It.

3 Likes

30-49 minutes. Better get your memory checked. 10 hours often, 30 hours at least once. 4 hours was normal.

30 to 40 minutes! Bwahahahahaha. No. Just no.

Guess I’ll be skipping this mount. Takes too long to queue, too long to run, for less reward. I can see the need to reduce the number of folks camping the mines, but why nerf the progress for win/losing?

Guess I should have cheesed it out instead of playing AV.

1 Like

It’s a great change. To put a mount farm in a large map, that encouraged people to ignore the map and its objectives, didn’t make a fun experience.

Now if only people would realize that fighting at mid for 2 hours has zero effect on anything, we can make another bit of progress.

In the old AV, those long fights at mid at least contributed toward the honor ranking system. As of now it just kills time.

Hey! You left out an “L”.

Considering the achievements I earned are showing '08/'09, I’ll readily admit my late middle age memory could be failing me after a decade. I also stated I ran with my guild at the time instead of the full pugs I run with today. Organization does help in pvp.

All I know is I like more action in my pvp than sitting at choke points for an hour or two making no progress. That falls in the boring bucket and I don’t have that kind of available game time with rl. So count me into the batch getting my dailies done and bailing.

Yes. It will be here until the event is over sometime in January. This is an extended event.

1 Like

It was quicker to farm scraps from killing enemy players anyway. I was ending up with like 1k + per game.

I feel bad for anyone who was sitting in the mines every match…

1 Like

D instead of an L.

Bagels are yummy though.

2 Likes

I don’t know what people expect from a “Classic AV” special event.

The Classic AV sometimes would last for days. Go play another bg if your problem is time.

3 Likes

While, on paper, yes that would be awesome, it’s gonna have the opposite effect. Most won’t even bother now so people won’t be joining AV. Some replies here and on WoWHead have reflected that. I’m debating it myself because I don’t find grinding that much to be fun. I don’t mind a little grinding, but this is a bit excessive, imho.