Changes to Korrak's Revenge

That’s how old AV was anyway, though tbf it’s because it took a day.

For those of us you cannot play every single day, forcing dailies is incredibly annoying, I wish it were like the days of old where should I decide to play for 14 hours straight, I could actually focus on a single rep grind. Dailies are the reason nearly all of my friends (Nurses) stopped playing WoW for a few years. Im really rather bummed about this change, making me unable to attain the mount in one of my few days off.

*Just spent 93 minutes in an AV, got pushed into a spot between bunker and mountain side and couldn’t get out. Asking someone to lure alliance to me for a mercy kill/escape was seemingly pointless and then I get removed and earned nothing… Sigh

3 Likes

its upsetting to me that people thought repeating that mine quest was a good way to farm badges, when looting bodies from actually pvping is so much more lucrative

5 Likes

Thank you so much Bornakk. As someone who had made a thread on this subject, this really enforces the fact that you guys do in fact listen to feedback.

It was of course very frustrating to those of us who wanted to PvP. Now, this is the AV we have been asking for since its removal. Thank you again.

2 Likes

…so you pretty much just made it impossible to get the mounts then? Since most of the turn ins require items only one person can loot, and battlegrounds last like 6 freaking hours and most people don’t have that much time to play in a row.

You need to reward badges for honor gained in the bg or time spent in the bg. Not for winning or losing.

1 Like

I really don’t care about the badges but whatever… lol

So basically, “we’re making the progression to get the mount easier because people are complaining they have to work for it”. Yeah?

1 Like

If you’re not prepared for a 2hr+ match, you shouldn’t be queuing classic av in the first place.

4 Likes

You sound like a spiteful ex-gf. Jesus. His post literally says they did this because people were not PvPing and instead were uselessly farming mines. And yeah it was a huge issue.

Pulling an big exaggeration here. The longest AV I was in this week lasted about three hours (leveled from 105 to 114, not bad). Most last between 1-2 hours.

Now, this is NOT the retail AV. It is a throwback to the original AV when it launched. Many NPCs, they hit like bricks, lots of offensive and defensive abilities per faction. It was exactly what it was meant to be; a PvP battleground with PvE objectives designed to add to the epic-ness of the battle.

For everyone complaining about it no longer being a cave-run, animal taming, hiding behind a tree afk event to get a mount. I guess you will actually have to participate in the BG as designed.

2 Likes

let me follow up my other response with BOOOOOO! this sucks. You have an event to get a mount then kill the rewards needed to get it. BAD decision Blizz. I’m a PVP’r and the bg is fun in this version, but seriously I’m not there to honor farm all day, big overkill on this nerf.

1 Like

I would like to see more emphasis on Korrak as well as its called Korrak’s Revenge. Currently on Alli about 7 people do it while the rest abandon them to face 20+ Horde and go to the mines or not kill the mob that the BG is named after. Makes it really hard to complete the quest on Alli side and it leaves players like me who already have the mount almost no reason to continue playing except for the fun of it which isn’t enough when I can literally log into Classic and do essentially the same thing but with more variety in scenery and the promise of meaningful rewards if I try hard enough.

Also fix server lag in large scale PvP sometime soon if you plan on doing these type of things more often. I know its easier said than done because of how spells work and all the extra stuff the servers have to deal with but it really needs some attention when you have the chance.

Best news, no more hiding out in the mines the entire game.

2 Likes

Won’t really work. I’ve been in plenty of runs where they call out to report AFKers to kick them which will then give you the 15 min deserter debuff.

Also I believe it’s also designed automatically to remove people that aren’t engaging which also gives the 15 deserter debuff.

On my druid I went from 75ish to 97 without getting kicked. You just have to jump your character every once in awhile to avoid the autokick system. In the time from 75-97 I’ve got 80% done with the mount while I did absolutely nothing. Even got the rank 2 instanced PvP essence at level 92

Changes stopped premades farming kills and npcs to one shot the mount over 5 hours of opposite faction backfills. Good change.

Mine/ram/wolf cucks ignoring the game was just as bad because anyone that played was subject to the least farmers = you farm the other wins. Good change.

20 badge wins 10 losses - good change

To improve it further you should add 5 badges for a drek/van kill and 1-3 badges for a tower.

games last 1-3 hours - the sink is worth the extra badges I feel.

1 Like

While I agree that it is, we’ve got two months. It does feel like a bit of a shame that people knocked out the mount in the first day and probably don’t go back. I’m not a big fan of Blizzard’s typical X for winning, 1/2 X for losing, strategy… especially for this event, but just getting people in and playing is a good thing I think.

Ah, so… if you have a life, you can’t get the mount, I see what you’re saying.

Is there a reason for the mount grind to be so long to begin with? For an anniversary event, it’s frustrating to feel obligated to spend very limited play time on PvP for those of us who don’t particularly enjoy it.

2 Likes

Yea, or you go to use the restroom while waiting for a res timer, come back a minute later and you’re kicked after spending over two hours in the bg.

Nothing frustrating about that at all.